+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: C'mon England Lets Win ( great series )

Re: C'mon England Lets Win ( great series )

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I was only taking the piss. Fobbing us off with false information!
    Perhaps, but that doesn't alter the fact that my failure to comprehend simple English and arithmetic is a struggle.
    I'll rightly get my coat

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Perhaps, but that doesn't alter the fact that my failure to comprehend simple English and arithmetic is a struggle.
    I'll rightly get my coat

For the academics amongst us its 291 to win on the last day .

Will England hold it together?

Very good start but are they due one of those collapses?

Quote Originally Posted by Seabird View Post
    Will England hold it together?

Very good start but are they due one of those collapses?
    yes of course, they have some good batsmen but I can see them capitulating once a couple of wickets go down

First Team

Too big a total to get on a fifth day wicket I reckon.
    Think I saw that it would be the fourth biggest total to win a game from this position and therefore I feel safe in saying this current batting line up is nowhere good enough to get the required amount.
    This opening partnership is giving false hope and the loss of a couple of wickets would build the pressure on England .
    If I were a betting man I would have my £5 on an Indian win around teatime.

Spot on Major.

Surprised this thread didn’t get a contribution during play. What a let down as England show again that they can’t bat at this level to a consistently good enough standard. I don’t think this India team are that much more talented than previous sides of theirs that were pretty well beaten, but England have gone back a lot - they were about a hundred short with their 290 in the first innings.

They lack a lot of determination and concentrating .
    I dont think Root is a good captain , lovely batsman though .

Root is a good batsmen but he still plays too many loose shots, as he did today. He probably finds it too easy, if you know what I mean.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Spot on Major.

Surprised this thread didn’t get a contribution during play. What a let down as England show again that they can’t bat at this level to a consistently good enough standard. I don’t think this India team are that much more talented than previous sides of theirs that were pretty well beaten, but England have gone back a lot - they were about a hundred short with their 290 in the first innings.
    The big difference this time with the Indian team is the strength in fast bowling together with its intensity. Bumrah is one of the best bowlers in the world and what he did today with an old ball on a docile pitch was unbelievable. They also now have a mental strength that they wouldn’t have had previously, to come back from the pasting in the last game and in the first innings here showed mental strength that England simply do not have.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Paget Flashman View Post
    Hope they get hammered.
    This. Playing a sport they invented against people they colonized. I find it disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by Aubrey Boyce View Post
    The big difference this time with the Indian team is the strength in fast bowling together with its intensity. Bumrah is one of the best bowlers in the world and what he did today with an old ball on a docile pitch was unbelievable. They also now have a mental strength that they wouldn’t have had previously, to come back from the pasting in the last game and in the first innings here showed mental strength that England simply do not have.
    Most of the Indian quicker bowlers have toured here before though. You can’t ignore what India did in Australia in the winter, so I accept they are slightly better than recent Indian touring sides, but England have declined more than India have improved in my view. With hindsight, I would say having four seamers bowling between 80 and 85 mph may not have been a problem at Headingly, but England needed more pace in their attack at the Oval - Wood might have got the ball to reverse swing a bit.

Rees - Mogg updating the media on another wicket fallen on the Downing Street doorstep today....i hate English cricket well done India lots of partying in the streets of southall tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post
    Rees - Mogg updating the media on another wicket fallen on the Downing Street doorstep today....i hate English cricket well done India lots of partying in the streets of southall tonight.
    It must have been the mention of Rees-Mogg that did it, but this post put me in mind of Norman Tebbitt's bonkers "cricket test".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cricket_test

According to Tebbitt, those Indian fans should have been mourning England's defeat rather than celebrating their teams win. As if Tebbitt would have supported India in a series against England if he had been appointed UK Ambassador to that country upon his retirement from politics and had been doing the job for, say, ten years.

If I'd had to move to Belgium because of my work and settled there for the rest of my life, Tebbitt would have it that I should have been supporting Belgium when they faced Wales in 2016 - there would have been absolutely no chance of that happening!

It must have been the mention of Rees-Mogg that did it, but this post put me in mind of Norman Tebbitt's bonkers "cricket test".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cricket_test

According to Tebbitt, those Indian fans should have been mourning England's defeat rather than celebrating their teams win. As if Tebbitt would have supported India in a series against England if he had been appointed UK Ambassador to that country upon his retirement from politics and had been doing the job for, say, ten years.

If I'd had to move to Belgium because of my work and settled there for the rest of my life, Tebbitt would have it that I should have been supporting Belgium when they faced Wales in 2016 - there would have been absolutely no chance of that happening!
    Yet you live in Wales and cream your pants over a English toffs team.

Pardon? I support Glamorgan and as someone from the UK, who am I supposed to support at international level other than the team Welshmen end up playing for in international cricket if they’re good enough?

As for the tone of your reply to a post that was made with absolutely no intention of annoying you, I think an apology is in order.

Pardon? I support Glamorgan and as someone from the UK, who am I supposed to support at international level other than the team Welshmen end up playing for in international cricket if they’re good enough?

As for the tone of your reply to a post that was made with absolutely no intention of annoying you, I think an apology is in order.
    Glamorgan is in Wales bob.

that's just how it works in cricket. if you aren't a cricket fan then you wouldn't understand.

And? As it turns out, I was agreeing with what you said about the India fans and I’m still waiting for an apology.

And? As it turns out, I was agreeing with what you said about the India fans and I’m still waiting for an apology.
    Oh you're far too easily offended Bob maybe you should get over yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    that's just how it works in cricket. if you aren't a cricket fan then you wouldn't understand.
    I'm not a fan because of how it works.

Oh you're far too easily offended Bob maybe you should get over yourself.
    No, I want an apology. I've said plenty of things on here down the years that have deserved a reply like you gave, but that was when I've been arguing with someone and that's fair game on here. However, I've never had such a rude reply as that one after writing something which was, basically, agreeing with what had been posted. My message did not deserve a reply like that and stop trying to make out that I'm too easily offended - you were completely in the wrong.

No, I want an apology. I've said plenty of things on here down the years that have deserved a reply like you gave, but that was when I've been arguing with someone and that's fair game on here. However, I've never had such a rude reply as that one after writing something which was, basically, agreeing with what had been posted. My message did not deserve a reply like that and stop trying to make out that I'm too easily offended - you were completely in the wrong.
    oh dear bob

Interesting debate going on.
    I have to admit that I have been rooting for India in this series.

Always supported England as a kid but this has waned over the years, particularly since Sky got in on the act.

Barring a few players who just could not be ignored, success in the game here has been for the privileged few and that galls me.

Could never want the Aussies to win a test mind.

It’s the England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 & Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 cricket 🏏 board.

Watching the cricket is is no different to watching the Lions isn’t it ?

If it wasn’t for Test Cricket being played in Cardiff, Glamorgan could well have folded.