2 new recruits for U23

Re: 2 new recruits for U23

Nice one , well done Dalman and Choo

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    + 1, good news.

Good to see the club investing in youth. If it works they are cheap, if to doesn't they were cheap. And , according to some, nice to see Ken Choo in Cardiff.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    bless you

I think it's quite clear that the club have spent time and energy into improving the U23s ans brining through players from the youth team.

It's risky but I think it's the right direction.

It has to be relatively cheap if they are players that other clubs have let go.

If one or two come off then it is worth them doing it definitely. Low risk, potentially high reward.

Youth has to be our future ,strong scouting investment would be a better than inflated wages on players that don't deliver

I believe that children are our future, teach them well and let them lead the way.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    bless you

bless you
    😅

bless you

They're no Tommy Smith though!

Jack had an excellent trial with us and scored in a pre season u23 game.

He's very quick and skillful.

Schoolboy at Southampton and then youth terms at Brighton.

He was well sought after.

Despite my misgivings about Mick and our style of play... The fact that there is now a pathway for the U18s and U23s to our first team is a real plus point and perhaps gives us the edge in that these youngsters are signing for us.

Judging by the number of replies and views, this has been a popular thread, but I'd posted the information it relates to, along with a video on Jack Leahy from his time at Brighton, on the Academy and Development thread an hour and a half before this one was started and it attracted just one reply.

I'm not having a go at anyone for that, more asking if it's worth carrying on with the thread dedicated to age level City sides? The Academy and Development team thread has got an impressive number of views, but it has been going a long time and you find that there's only a few on here who contribute to it. Clearly, people did not bother reading what I had posted yesterday lunchtime, so would it be better to have lots of threads covering individual Academy and Development team related topics or continuing with something which, apparently, tends to get ignored by many posters?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Judging by the number of replies and views, this has been a popular thread, but I'd posted the information it relates to, along with a video on Jack Leahy from his time at Brighton, on the Academy and Development thread an hour and a half before this one was started and it attracted just one reply.

I'm not having a go at anyone for that, more asking if it's worth carrying on with the thread dedicated to age level City sides? The Academy and Development team thread has got an impressive number of views, but it has been going a long time and you find that there's only a few on here who contribute to it. Clearly, people did not bother reading what I had posted yesterday lunchtime, so would it be better to have lots of threads covering individual Academy and Development team related topics or continuing with something which, apparently, tends to get ignored by many posters?
    I read the Academy and Development team thread and i'm sure others do to.

I think it makes sense to keep in in one place, people just need to check the board before posting

To be honest I check it when there is a game or to find out how a player is doing in the youth set up.

I don't think it hurts having a new thread for signings just like we would the first team.

Good point.

I guess the issue is that seeing a specific thread header on a topic /player at the top of the board is easier to click and respond to than going to the thread which is specifically for the U23/development team.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I think it makes sense to keep in in one place, people just need to check the board before posting
    It’s difficult to check all the individual posts on the board. I thought a separate post was appropriate as it relates to new signings.

Quote Originally Posted by ninian opinian View Post
    It’s difficult to check all the individual posts on the board. I thought a separate post was appropriate as it relates to new signings.
    everyone should be familiar with the first 5 pages of posts at all times*. Go and sit in the naughty corner until you understand the error of your ways.

*this is easier than it seems as 75% are the same argument carried across several different posts.

I read the youth thread I just don't really post on there, I go there to find out information from people who know, seems there are only a few people in the loop with our youth, thanks for the information you post.

As I said, i wasn’t meaning to have a go at anyone, it was just that the lack of responses to what I posted had wondering if the age group teams thread had outlived its usefulness.

As I said, i wasn’t meaning to have a go at anyone, it was just that the lack of responses to what I posted had wondering if the age group teams thread had outlived its usefulness.
    I understand your point Bob, I like the thread myself but I see your point.
    I think it's probably just laziness, people find it more convenient to click on a thread that appears as new than take the almighty effort to scroll though the DVP thread.. I dunno I'm rambling again aren't I.

I posted a new player thread the other day then noticed the same post in the DVP thread was posted before my new thread, so I guess people don't check the thread before posting a new one.

I tend to look at the first page and that's it. I'm fairly put off by threads that are hundreds of pages and have even found myself replying to a post that was originally written on papyrus! I love the work you put into reporting on the development side to CCFC and really appreciate it, as you know. I'd prefer a new thread per announcement. It'd also mean that there would be more footie threads as opposed to the philosophy of life the universe and everything.

The search engine on this board is pretty good so if there's anything historical I need to know I tend to use that.

I'm more used to a Reddit kind of approach where posts are archived after 6 months and there's a greater emphasis on new content.

I've PM'd you some other info too.