+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Boxing-Warrington v Lara

Boxing-Warrington v Lara

This Saturday. Lara Brutally knocked Warrington out in the fist fight, should've been stopped much earlier as well. Nothing would give me more pleasure than seeing Warrington sparked again. Lara seems like a good bloke, very humble.

Re: Boxing-Warrington v Lara

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    This Saturday. Lara Brutally knocked Warrington out in the fist fight, should've been stopped much earlier as well. Nothing would give me more pleasure than seeing Warrington sparked again. Lara seems like a good bloke, very humble.
    I hope Warrington is knocked out. Saying that i don't trust boxing these days i brt Lara wouldn't get the same time and treatment the ref gave Warrington last time..

Lara has Warringtons no.
    Can’t see anything other than a 2nd victory for him.

The way that Warrington acted towards Selby was horrible.
    Hope he gets done again.

I think Lara wins again too.

He has power to finish it at any time and the last win was far from lucky.

I think it is almost a nailed on Lara win because Warrington didn't seem to have the movement or power to keep him off last time. The Leeds crowd isn't making that much of a difference to the result this time for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post
    The way that Warrington acted towards Selby was horrible.
    Hope he gets done again.
    I work with someone who was part of Selby's team at that time, and he reckons that the abuse they took was beyond just a bit of hostility etc, some of it racist as well.

I work with someone who was part of Selby's team at that time, and he reckons that the abuse they took was beyond just a bit of hostility etc, some of it racist as well.
    Warrington’s team (including his old man) seemed a bit scummy to say the least.
    I was really upset that Lee lost that.
    The weight did him I think.

I’m also really upset that Andrew didn’t stick with it as he seemed to have even more promise than Lee.

Warrington’s team (including his old man) seemed a bit scummy to say the least.
    I was really upset that Lee lost that.
    The weight did him I think.

I’m also really upset that Andrew didn’t stick with it as he seemed to have even more promise than Lee.
    Apparently, Selby didn't eat hardly anything for three days before the weigh in. He would put food in his mouth, chew it, then spit it out. He was completely weight drained and sort of knew that it was going to be a difficult night, it was a very good pay day though, and i think that's why he waited to take the fight, when he probably should've moved up in weight before he met the space raider. Agree about Andrew, excellent boxer, not such great living though, apparently.

I'm not fussed on Warrington. Comes across as a right **** to be blunt.

Was beat by Galahad as well, and I was happy when he had a slap off Lara.

First Team

I know almost zero about boxing.

I just saw (presumably) a picture from some pre-fight event with these two nose-to-nose almost kissing each other with one of them wearing a makeshift facemask. What a pair of wingnuts.

Quote Originally Posted by az city View Post
    I know almost zero about boxing.

I just saw (presumably) a picture from some pre-fight event with these two nose-to-nose almost kissing each other with one of them wearing a makeshift facemask. What a pair of wingnuts.
    The Mexican is a decent guy. When he knocked Warrington out in the first fight, he didn't celebrate immediately, his first concern was to get medics in to attend to his opponent.

Anyone watching this yet? I've not bothered putting it on yet still got a series on, and deciding on a takeaway.

Only really interested in the last 3 fights but these cards usually throw up a decent fight early on.

Benn started off at a decent pace

any streams?

Quote Originally Posted by shaky View Post
    any streams?
    The dazn app is only 2 quid a month on your mobile. Not ideal viewing I know but its better than not seeing it 👍

dirty leeds

Just switched on to see The Space Raider walking back to his dressing room like he won with Smooth Eddie talking bollox.

Missed the head butt...I’d be surprised though if it was unintentional knowing that prick.

Just switched on to see The Space Raider walking back to his dressing room like he won with Smooth Eddie talking bollox.

Missed the head butt...I’d be surprised though if it was unintentional knowing that prick.
    Warrington was dipping under and bringing his head up, did it about three times, got the jackpot on the third go, although it backfired. In my opinion it was deliberate. The way Warrington and Hearn spoke afterwards was disrespectful. Warrington saying that he can't be;ieve he was knocked out by Lara, and eddie saying that he doesn'r know how warrington lost the first fight-He was ****ing levelled! I had it 1 round each, although Lara was catching him, and on two occasions he knocked warrington back a bit.

Warrington was dipping under and bringing his head up, did it about three times, got the jackpot on the third go, although it backfired. In my opinion it was deliberate. The way Warrington and Hearn spoke afterwards was disrespectful. Warrington saying that he can't be;ieve he was knocked out by Lara, and eddie saying that he doesn'r know how warrington lost the first fight-He was ****ing levelled! I had it 1 round each, although Lara was catching him, and on two occasions he knocked warrington back a bit.
    Nice one Tuerto.
    Will have a look tomorrow!

Some idiot in JW corner pointing at his heart looking at Lara.. As if the Mexican didn't have any heart..

Aye, he should carry on fighting after a deliberate headbutt with a nasty cut to his eye and potentially lose a fight.. Just to show heart. **** off.

Hate the leeds ****.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Some idiot in JW corner pointing at his heart looking at Lara.. As if the Mexican didn't have any heart..

Aye, he should carry on fighting after a deliberate headbutt with a nasty cut to his eye and potentially lose a fight.. Just to show heart. **** off.

Hate the leeds ****.
    Yup, disgraceful. The BRITISH doctor called the fight off. Warrington tried several times to land the headbutt, coward. Lara caught him with some heavy body shots. Warrington just doesn't have the power to trouble Lara, the second round was telling. Josh was going to get tuned again.

Yup, disgraceful. The BRITISH doctor called the fight off. Warrington tried several times to land the headbutt, coward. Lara caught him with some heavy body shots. Warrington just doesn't have the power to trouble Lara, the second round was telling. Josh was going to get tuned again.
    Agree completely.

I was pissed off when I saw the cut, glad the ref called it for what it was.

Agree completely.

I was pissed off when I saw the cut, glad the ref called it for what it was.
    And i hope that Lara doesn't give him the re match, although i'd love to see Warrington sparked again. Lara should get a World title shot, Maybe fight Galahad, although a Warrington re match may be his best option in terms of money.

And i hope that Lara doesn't give him the re match, although i'd love to see Warrington sparked again. Lara should get a World title shot, Maybe fight Galahad, although a Warrington re match may be his best option in terms of money.
    Moneys nice but I'd take the Galahad fight, didn't even cross my mind not to give Arrogant another shot.

Another fight arrogant lost was against Galahad..

Moneys nice but I'd take the Galahad fight, didn't even cross my mind not to give Arrogant another shot.

Another fight arrogant lost was against Galahad..
    Yup, that was a close one. Galahad held a little too much for my liking, although there was certainly a case to say that he won that fight.