Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
I know that mentally illness exists

I know that poverty exists

It's pretty apparent that God is a delusion

Therefore I think it's fair to say religious people are deluded and blindly follow the words of a book taught to them through the generations , like learning your lines

I think that's a pretty fair assumption , if you think that's an unfair generalisation then I am afraid that's the way it is based upon my life experience and the complete and utter lack of evidence that god exists .
You can't make an assumption and try and back it up with a generalisation. Think about what you've just written.

You (we) don't know any of these things. The brain is a system that is continually trying to prove its own existence. We think we are in control of our brains but it's completely the other way around.

Ask yourself this question. Are human beings getting closer and closer to developing conscious and independent AI? If the answer is yes, then ask yourself if it's possible that another life form could have already made simulations populated by conscious beings? If the answer is yes, then where does our existence fit it?

Is the concept of a creator then a delusion?

I'd also recommend reading Sophie's World by Jostein Gaarder.