+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dai Hunt on BBC Wales Sports Phone in

Dai Hunt on BBC Wales Sports Phone in

Dai sounded quite lucid, nothing like his football ground persona! The man can talk a bit of sense. I am truly gobsmacked

Re: Dai Hunt on BBC Wales Sports Phone in

He is a well respected pillar of society in Whitchurch forever opening events and providing well positioned views,it's always a pleasure to bump into him .

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    He is a well respected pillar of society in Whitchurch forever opening events and providing well positioned views,it's always a pleasure to bump into him .
    I cannot, just cannot imagine Dai Hunt opening events, no matter how hard I try

I only caught a few minutes. Was it really Dai?

He sponsored Kieffer Moore’s shirt. Cost him £1,000. He said he will get both the home and away shirt. Fair play to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    Yes go to 1 hour 6 minutes https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m000zblt

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    Yes, 100% it was Dai

Quote Originally Posted by ninian opinian View Post
    He sponsored Kieffer Moore’s shirt. Cost him £1,000. He said he will get both the home and away shirt. Fair play to him.
    Excellent! Fair play to the guy, he is Cardiff City through and through

On a serious note the man does have behaviours that can startle, but his heart is with the City more than many fans I know.

Rock on Dai, don't change.

On a serious note the man does have behaviours that can startle, but his heart is with the City more than many fans I know.

Rock on Dai, don't change.
    True! I just wish he'd keep his rantings down though. Having said that, I haven't sat anywhere near him in the new stadium. Sitting a few rows behind him on the Bob Bank for several seasons, was errrrrr...interesting to say the least

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    True! I just wish he'd keep his rantings down though. Having said that, I haven't sat anywhere near him in the new stadium. Sitting a few rows behind him on the Bob Bank for several seasons, was errrrrr...interesting to say the least
    I bet , he gets so emotional and can't see how it makes others feel.

I bet , he gets so emotional and can't see how it makes others feel.
    Yes, that is his biggest problem. He can't see how mad his rantings with huge amount of spittle are. People cringe because the man makes a complete fool of himself

Yes, that is his biggest problem. He can't see how mad his rantings with huge amount of spittle are. People cringe because the man makes a complete fool of himself
    I always wonder how folk get to this point 🥺

[QUOTE=ninian opinian;5221986]Yes go to 1 hour 6 minutes https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m000zblt[/QUOTE
    Couldn’t quite get the bit about £1000 shirt at first. Understand now. Fair play, sounded so different to what I expected of Dai. Will never take the piss again.

Ps where does or did he work? Sounded unbelievably like a fellow I knew slightly down here in Pembrokeshire.

Gilo got it spot on regarding DH.
    Proper supporter who pays his money and has his say.

At 500 quid a shirt, I reckon we can expect more than usual from David this season!

Nice one Dai

Projecting spittle in the Covid era is likely to win few new friends.

Was walking beside him on the Stay Blue .Anti Tan march before we beat Citeh 3.2..he was chanting .. Slitty Eyes Slitty Eyes

Quote Originally Posted by kendoddsdadsdogsdead View Post
    Was walking beside him on the Stay Blue .Anti Tan march before we beat Citeh 3.2..he was chanting .. Slitty Eyes Slitty Eyes
    Dai, can be at bit 'old fashioned', shall we say.

Just after 9/11 we were playing, I think, Reading. Anyway, whichever team it was, they had an American goalie. As he takes his place in goals at the start of the 2nd half at the Canton End, Dai stands up (we were sat behind him) and starts pointing at the guy and shouting at the top of his voice 'Osama! Osama! Osama! Bin! Bin! Laden! My dad, who was in his late 60s by then, stands up, rolls the Echo up and starts to beat Dai about the head with it. Dai turns around and says "You can't do that", to which my dad just kept on hitting him about the face and shoulders with the newspaper. "I'm off to get a steward" says Dai. "Go on then" was the replay as Dai was attacked with the Echo again. Needless to say he didn't get a steward, just sat down in his seat and didn't open his mouth for the rest of the 2nd half.

Only met him once after Sala’s death by the Statue memorial.A tv camera crew were there asking to interview fans which he jumped at.
    Also remember him on Pointless.
    Whatever everybody thinks of him there’s no doubting he’s CCFC through and through.

Has anyone noticed how the players' warm up in front of 104/Dai Hunt is much shorter this season? He can be a complete tool shouting at players/giving instructions/occasional abuse. He was moved back several rows a few seasons ago to keep him away from the players and was threatened with being banned when he was on the Bob Bank. That said, he seems a little more relaxed this season.....so far.

In Dai Hunt fashion, you shouldn't be afraid to call a spade a spade. He is a racist.

Just after 9/11 we were playing, I think, Reading. Anyway, whichever team it was, they had an American goalie. As he takes his place in goals at the start of the 2nd half at the Canton End, Dai stands up (we were sat behind him) and starts pointing at the guy and shouting at the top of his voice 'Osama! Osama! Osama! Bin! Bin! Laden! My dad, who was in his late 60s by then, stands up, rolls the Echo up and starts to beat Dai about the head with it. Dai turns around and says "You can't do that", to which my dad just kept on hitting him about the face and shoulders with the newspaper. "I'm off to get a steward" says Dai. "Go on then" was the replay as Dai was attacked with the Echo again. Needless to say he didn't get a steward, just sat down in his seat and didn't open his mouth for the rest of the 2nd half.
    ****ing hell. What a bellend.

Quote Originally Posted by IanD View Post
    Has anyone noticed how the players' warm up in front of 104/Dai Hunt is much shorter this season? He can be a complete tool shouting at players/giving instructions/occasional abuse. He was moved back several rows a few seasons ago to keep him away from the players and was threatened with being banned when he was on the Bob Bank. That said, he seems a little more relaxed this season.....so far.
    I've got to admit if I was sat that close to Dai Hunt, i would have to move my seat, as we (my dad, my daughter and myself did, in the Bob Bank). We moved over to the next block, but were well within hearing distance of his lunatic outbursts. Leo Fortune West and Neil Alexander always seemed to be his favourites for his special style of 'encouragement' in those days

I've got to admit if I was sat that close to Dai Hunt, i would have to move my seat, as we (my dad, my daughter and myself did, in the Bob Bank). We moved over to the next block, but were well within hearing distance of his lunatic outbursts. Leo Fortune West and Neil Alexander always seemed to be his favourites for his special style of 'encouragement' in those days
    I was in front of him on the Bob Bank terrace, back in the day. Unfortunately the ladies (or gentlemen) in the TO can't say where he will be sat due to GDPR. They did moan at his bringing them flowers and the like though feeling somewhat harrased in his presence. So, pays yer money and takes pot luck as to where he has his ST. Suffice to say, for the last 20 years, he hasn't been far away.

Quote Originally Posted by IanD View Post
    I was in front of him on the Bob Bank terrace, back in the day. Unfortunately the ladies (or gentlemen) in the TO can't say where he will be sat due to GDPR. They did moan at his bringing them flowers and the like though feeling somewhat harrased in his presence. So, pays yer money and takes pot luck as to where he has his ST. Suffice to say, for the last 20 years, he hasn't been far away.
    Couldn't they tell you where in the stand he ISNT sat? You could then sit there...