+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Time to buy at the end of a PCP lease?

Time to buy at the end of a PCP lease?

With the price of second hand cars gone through the roof (weirdly as I predicted a bubble) is it now time to buy.

Help me out.

Mrs car is due to be returned at the end of the month

The bubble is £7,800
    The market value is £11k according to the dealer who have valued it as a PX
    Same car in Ron Skinner is £13,500

Re: Time to buy at the end of a PCP lease?

You won’t be handing it back to the finance co.
    Natural Equity at the end of a PCP is pretty rare - but in today’s scale my belief is that you shouldn’t put it all back into the next PCP to get a nicer payment.
    As your next PCP will rocket in payment unless you put a larger cash deposit in.

Mine ends in a few months with a final balance payment around £10k, currently stands at about £11,900. I was offered £16 to trade in by a main dealer, but I declined. But they'd only give that money for a trade in. I was going to go ahead and the cheeky so & sos had my car up on their website (with no photo) at £18995!! So I intend to buy at the end of PCP contract , sell it, then look for another car. I always thought these things worked against you but apparently car sales are going mad at the moment and the dealers can't get enough good quality stock. Especially main dealers, looking for low mileage cars.

Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post
    Mine ends in a few months with a final balance payment around £10k, currently stands at about £11,900. I was offered £16 to trade in by a main dealer, but I declined. But they'd only give that money for a trade in. I was going to go ahead and the cheeky so & sos had my car up on their website (with no photo) at £18995!! So I intend to buy at the end of PCP contract , sell it, then look for another car. I always thought these things worked against you but apparently car sales are going mad at the moment and the dealers can't get enough good quality stock. Especially main dealers, looking for low mileage cars.
    Only issue is then getting rid