+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: A killing in tiger bay…bbc Wales this week

Re: A killing in tiger bay…bbc Wales this week

The programme exposed what we all probably knew that the culture inside the South Wales Police at that time was probably crooked to the point of probably being corrupt. It was interesting that a former senior South Wales police officer indicated that the procedure back in the day was to identify a possible suspect and fit the evidence around him. In other words they framed suspects.

However, it seems odd that they had confessions from people who claimed they were in the room at the time of the murder. How did they get that evidence, did such evidence exist, did they bribe those concerned etc? I await the next episode with interest.

Does anyone live in that flat now?

I wouldn't want to spend a night in that room, let alone live there....

Quote Originally Posted by Ras Malai View Post

I would have thought it would have been demolished by now? Not purely because of the notoriety of the building, but more simply, it would have been sitting on prime land for redevelopment. Perhaps others on this board can tell us...

Well they were definitely tenanted about 20 years ago. Did some maintenance work for Seel & co who managed the block of three flats. The building is still there next to the bank which is now high end apartments.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    I would have thought it would have been demolished by now? Not purely because of the notoriety of the building, but more simply, it would have been sitting on prime land for redevelopment. Perhaps others on this board can tell us...
    I thought the same. Its prime land and not a pretty building. Why not tear it down?

They demolished Fred West's house on Cromwell Street and built a memorial garden for the victims.

Do it for these victims too.

I thought the same. Its prime land and not a pretty building. Why not tear it down?

They demolished Fred West's house on Cromwell Street and built a memorial garden for the victims.

Its still there. The bookies on the ground floor is now a vape shop I think.

Absolutely, 6 lives lost