+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Emma Raducanu

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Emma Raducanu

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    watch it mate, people will have you as upper middle class on here if your boys play tennis , I can hear them now, its a toffs game done you know
    Yeah, that Andy Murray eh, he’s worse than Jacob Rees-Mogg isn’t he. Strange that you decide to reply like that to a post made almost eleven hours earlier and yet, in that time, no one posted anything remotely along thw lines you suggest. Certainly, tennis had that sort of image when I was a kid, golf did as well, as did cricket to some extent, but, if it was true once, it’s not any more.

By the way, in the actual tennis, Raducanu is leading 6-1, 3-1.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Yeah, that Andy Murray eh, he’s worse than Jacob Rees-Mogg isn’t he. Strange that you decide to reply like that to a post made almost eleven hours earlier and yet, in that time, no one posted anything remotely along thw lines you suggest. Certainly, tennis had that sort of image when I was a kid, golf did as well, as did cricket to some extent, but, if it was true once, it’s not any more.

By the way, in the actual tennis, Raducanu is leading 6-1, 3-1.
    You can sign up to play in Heath park for £40 a year, you can then book as many times a day or week as you want….bit out there eh?
    There was nothing like it when I was a kid, and only 1 indoor court in cardiff.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    You can sign up to play in Heath park for £40 a year, you can then book as many times a day or week as you want….bit out there eh?
    There was nothing like it when I was a kid, and only 1 indoor court in cardiff.
    Don't know your age, but when I was a kid in the 80s my parents paid a pound a week so we could use the tennis courts at pentyrch. It wasn't a great surface, obviously, but was cheap and accessible.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post

It was simply a Joke with Goats, which I thought he might find slightly humorous as myself and Goats are a similar age and as kids tennis certainly wasn't for the working class

The time difference between posts was due to me working till 10.30 and not being sat online

Yes I know Tennis is open to all these days, both my Girls occasionally play at our local court

I hope that clears up your misunderstanding of my post