Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
I couldn't remember her working on her breathing, so I went to the replay on Prime and timed the break in play

From the time she first reported it to the umpire to the time she went back to serve again was about 3 1/2 minutes which is well within the time allowed for a medical time out (which was in fact not actually called for a while until the medical technician had confirmed there was a problem and from this point it was about 2mins 30 seconds before she went back). After she had the bandage put on you saw the medic give the leg a final wipe over. The shot then cut away and and within 18 seconds you saw Raducanu walking back to start serving. At no point in the time since you saw the medic give that final check did you see any pictures of her "working on her breathing".

And just to confirm the rules about blood here is the Grand Slam rule on medical time outs.
From the 2021 Official Grand Slam Rule Book Grand Slam Tournament Regulations
Article 1 General Section W Players rest/Medical Part 3f Bleeding

If a player is bleeding, the Chair Umpire must stop play as soon as
possible,
and the Sports Physiotherapist must be called to the court by
the Chair Umpire for evaluation and treatment. The Sports
Physiotherapist,
in conjunction with the Tournament Doctor if
appropriate, will evaluate the source of the bleeding, and will request a
Medical Time-Out for treatment if necessary.

If requested by the Sports Physiotherapist and/or Tournament Doctor,
the Referee in consultation with the Grand Slam Supervisor or Chair
Umpire may allow up to a total of five (5) minutes to assure control of
the bleeding.

If blood has spilled onto the court or its immediate vicinity, play must
not resume until the blood spill has been cleaned appropriately.

Now I suspect you realise this and are just on a wind up. Why on earth you want to do a wind up on this thread escapes me.
Maybe she was doing a Roberto Rojaz or a bloodgate to gain some time for herself?

http://edition.cnn.com/2014/06/17/sp...dal/index.html

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bloodgate