+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Emma Raducanu

Re: Emma Raducanu

Quote Originally Posted by Feedback View Post
    in fairness she probably feels English/British because she's lived here during her formative years.
    Setting aside the less that easily defined notion of nationality (as many people straddle mulitiple cultures, may have lived in several countries and their parents may have emanated from other parts of the world) is nationality that important in sports where people compete as individuals anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Setting aside the less that easily defined notion of nationality (as many people straddle mulitiple cultures, may have lived in several countries and their parents may have emanated from other parts of the world) is nationality that important in sports where people compete as individuals anyway?
    that =than

Feedback

probably not.

it's an interesting subject.
    a large amount of the coverage and media attention she's received here is presumably because she's British.
    and that will probably translate into sponsorship opportunities here that are greater than would otherwise be the case.
    although her youth and metioric rise in the rankings and performances as a qualified are earning her plenty of fans at the us open it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    she's already earned €675000, which will double if she wins her next match, and double again if she wins the final
    amazing to think that in terms of career earnings she's probably earned a similar amount in 9 months this year as I have in 20 years.
    by next week she will possibly have earned more than I will in my entire working life.

can she create a pivot table on excel as well as me though?
    probably yes.

Even I can create a pivot table in Excel.

Well I could create one 15 years ago when I took early retirement!

I wonder if she can write a COBOL or RPG II program though (do people still write in COBOL these days. And has anyone on here even heard of RPG!!!)).

My computer skills are very niche these days. Though I used to be a dab hand at SQL as well

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    Even I can create a pivot table in Excel.

Well I could create a pivot table 15 years ago when I took early retirement!

I wonder if she can write a COBOL or RPG II program though (do people still write in COBOL these days. And has anyone on here even heard of RPG!!!)).

My computer skills are very niche these days. Though I used to be a dab hand at SQL as well
    take that raducanu

Bet you're both better at weeing standing up than her.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Bet you're both better at weeing standing up than her.
    Some people will insist on lowering the tone..........

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    Some people will insist on lowering the tone..........
    Weeing in the vicinity of the river running through Taunton is more likely to raise the Tone.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    amazing to think that in terms of career earnings she's probably earned a similar amount in 9 months this year as I have in 20 years.
    by next week she will possibly have earned more than I will in my entire working life.

can she create a pivot table on excel as well as me though?
    probably yes.
    Yep my two boys are playing twice a week now…bollocks to football next to no chance of making it

International

Her mother is Chinese, her father is Romanian and she was born in Canada. She moved to UK when she was 2 and has lived here ever since. She has a British passport. That'll do for me.

Semi final is later tonight

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Semi final is later tonight
    2:00 am our time

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Her mother is Chinese, her father is Romanian and she was born in Canada. She moved to UK when she was 2 and has lived here ever since. She has a British passport. That'll do for me.
    On that basis she is far more British than Mo Farah or Chris Froome, just 2 examples! Atleast her formative years were spent in UK.

Quote Originally Posted by cityhammer View Post
    On that basis she is far more British than Mo Farah or Chris Froome, just 2 examples! Atleast her formative years were spent in UK.
    Actually Chris Froome's Mothers parents are English and his Dad is English

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Yep my two boys are playing twice a week now…bollocks to football next to no chance of making it
    watch it mate, people will have you as upper middle class on here if your boys play tennis , I can hear them now, its a toffs game done you know

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    watch it mate, people will have you as upper middle class on here if your boys play tennis , I can hear them now, its a toffs game done you know
    Especially if they recide in modest accommodation .🙃

Raducanu 6-1 first set

It's after 11pm and the second set has just started. The US Open is all the way out in Queens. It's going to be a late night for most of the people at the stadium.

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    Yeah, that Andy Murray eh, he’s worse than Jacob Rees-Mogg isn’t he. Strange that you decide to reply like that to a post made almost eleven hours earlier and yet, in that time, no one posted anything remotely along thw lines you suggest. Certainly, tennis had that sort of image when I was a kid, golf did as well, as did cricket to some extent, but, if it was true once, it’s not any more.

By the way, in the actual tennis, Raducanu is leading 6-1, 3-1.

6-1, 6-4 to Radacanu to set up an all teenage final. The one potential problem I see for her is that it’s all been a bit too easy for her so far.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    6-1, 6-4 to Radacanu to set up an all teenage final. The one potential problem I see for her is that it’s all been a bit too easy for her so far.
    The first qualifier in history, women's or men's to reach the final of any Grand Slam

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    That’s not a problem at all.
    She’s made it look easy. A class act.

Just noticed that the men's doubles final is Joe Salisbury and partner against Jamie Murray and partner. All we need now is a world class male singles player.