+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Emma Raducanu

Re: Emma Raducanu

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Did the trickle of blood even reach her socks?
    I would suggest you stop embarrassing yourself with such childish comments and go to bed

Did the trickle of blood even reach her socks?
    A trickle? Is that better or worse than a nonexistent drip?

And it looks like it did reach her sock.

https://www.amedpost.com/wp-content/...Open-final.jpg

She milked it. Long after the plaster was placed she was sitting there working on her breathing.
    Good for her. Put that fake smiling Fernandez in her place.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Corleone View Post
    I would suggest you stop embarrassing yourself with such childish comments and go to bed
    No

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    A trickle? Is that better or worse than a nonexistent drip?

And it looks like it did reach her sock.

https://www.amedpost.com/wp-content/...Open-final.jpg
    I’ve seen more blood from a shaving scratch

Rafa Nadal has been mentioned already in this thread I believe, but the truth is that, if anything, Emma Raducanu, as an eighteen year old qualifier, was more dominant in winning this tournament than Nadal was in winning all those French Opens when he was at his peak. It’s an incredible achievement and, surely, it’s not going to be a one off - even if is, no one can ever take this exceptional achievement away from her.

Sport once again proves its ability to dumbfound anyone who thinks they’ve seen it all.

Bleeding LOL
    So she wasn't bleeding? Struggling to see your point here.

Mixed quality final, hard to gauge the level really but you definitely can only beat what is in front of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    So she wasn't bleeding? Struggling to see your point here.

Mixed quality final, hard to gauge the level really but you definitely can only beat what is in front of you.
    Mixed quality????

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Rafa Nadal has been mentioned already in this thread I believe, but the truth is that, if anything, Emma Raducanu, as an eighteen year old qualifier, was more dominant in winning this tournament than Nadal was in winning all those French Opens when he was at his peak. It’s an incredible achievement and, surely, it’s not going to be a one off - even if is, no one can ever take this exceptional achievement away from her.

Sport once again proves its ability to dumbfound anyone who thinks they’ve seen it all.

If it is a one off it's a pretty special one.

But I agree I can see her winning more. Probably quite a few more.

Even Leicester's Premiership win pales into insignificance

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    2 wrongs dont make a right .
    We do like to "adopt" people that are good at sport though.

Play for your national team because one of your grandparents had that nationality.
    Play for a national team because you have lived somewhere for 7 or 8 years. Truly adopt a star.
    How is this 'adopt a star'?

The magic of her story is that she has won from nowhere. She was hardly known six months ago, when she was also competing in tournaments as a Brit.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    How is this 'adopt a star'?

The magic of her story is that she has won from nowhere. She was hardly known six months ago, when she was also competing in tournaments as a Brit.
    How many Robert Earnshaw goals did jimmy celebrate at ninian Park?
    Lol.

She milked it. Long after the plaster was placed she was sitting there working on her breathing.
    Thought you’d given up drinking? 🤣

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    Thought you’d given up drinking? 🤣
    He probably had a score on Fernandez.

It tells you what an achievement it was when it’s the lead story on SSN, ahead of Ronny scoring 2 on his return debut

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    He probably had a score on Fernandez.
    Quite amazing to read his comments. Every commentator and pro I've heard all said the time out was enforced, posters on here have tried to re-echo what was being said by those who know the game, yet JR stubbornly believes his own opinion, despite the evidence demonstrating he was talking out of his arse again.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    2 wrongs dont make a right .
    We do like to "adopt" people that are good at sport though.

Play for your national team because one of your grandparents had that nationality.
    Play for a national team because you have lived somewhere for 7 or 8 years. Truly adopt a star.
    A bit like the City adopting a Jock supporter. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

What's the difference between Emma Raducanu and Prince Andrew?

Emma Raducanu isn't afraid of a US court.

I couldn't remember her working on her breathing, so I went to the replay on Prime and timed the break in play

From the time she first reported it to the umpire to the time she went back to serve again was about 3 1/2 minutes which is well within the time allowed for a medical time out (which was in fact not actually called for a while until the medical technician had confirmed there was a problem and from this point it was about 2mins 30 seconds before she went back). After she had the bandage put on you saw the medic give the leg a final wipe over. The shot then cut away and and within 18 seconds you saw Raducanu walking back to start serving. At no point in the time since you saw the medic give that final check did you see any pictures of her "working on her breathing".

And just to confirm the rules about blood here is the Grand Slam rule on medical time outs.
    From the 2021 Official Grand Slam Rule Book Grand Slam Tournament Regulations
    Article 1 General Section W Players rest/Medical Part 3f Bleeding

If a player is bleeding, the Chair Umpire must stop play as soon as
    possible,
    and the Sports Physiotherapist must be called to the court by
    the Chair Umpire for evaluation and treatment. The Sports
    Physiotherapist,
    in conjunction with the Tournament Doctor if
    appropriate, will evaluate the source of the bleeding, and will request a
    Medical Time-Out for treatment if necessary.

If requested by the Sports Physiotherapist and/or Tournament Doctor,
    the Referee in consultation with the Grand Slam Supervisor or Chair
    Umpire may allow up to a total of five (5) minutes to assure control of
    the bleeding.

If blood has spilled onto the court or its immediate vicinity, play must
    not resume until the blood spill has been cleaned appropriately.

Now I suspect you realise this and are just on a wind up. Why on earth you want to do a wind up on this thread escapes me.

Quote Originally Posted by ninian opinian View Post
    What's the difference between Emma Raducanu and Prince Andrew?

Emma Raducanu isn't afraid of a US court.

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    I couldn't remember her working on her breathing, so I went to the replay on Prime and timed the break in play

From the time she first reported it to the umpire to the time she went back to serve again was about 3 1/2 minutes which is well within the time allowed for a medical time out (which was in fact not actually called for a while until the medical technician had confirmed there was a problem and from this point it was about 2mins 30 seconds before she went back). After she had the bandage put on you saw the medic give the leg a final wipe over. The shot then cut away and and within 18 seconds you saw Raducanu walking back to start serving. At no point in the time since you saw the medic give that final check did you see any pictures of her "working on her breathing".

And just to confirm the rules about blood here is the Grand Slam rule on medical time outs.
    From the 2021 Official Grand Slam Rule Book Grand Slam Tournament Regulations
    Article 1 General Section W Players rest/Medical Part 3f Bleeding

If a player is bleeding, the Chair Umpire must stop play as soon as
    possible,
    and the Sports Physiotherapist must be called to the court by
    the Chair Umpire for evaluation and treatment. The Sports
    Physiotherapist,
    in conjunction with the Tournament Doctor if
    appropriate, will evaluate the source of the bleeding, and will request a
    Medical Time-Out for treatment if necessary.

If requested by the Sports Physiotherapist and/or Tournament Doctor,
    the Referee in consultation with the Grand Slam Supervisor or Chair
    Umpire may allow up to a total of five (5) minutes to assure control of
    the bleeding.

If blood has spilled onto the court or its immediate vicinity, play must
    not resume until the blood spill has been cleaned appropriately.

Now I suspect you realise this and are just on a wind up. Why on earth you want to do a wind up on this thread escapes me.
    Maybe she was doing a Roberto Rojaz or a bloodgate to gain some time for herself?

http://edition.cnn.com/2014/06/17/sp...dal/index.html

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bloodgate

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Quite amazing to read his comments. Every commentator and pro I've heard all said the time out was enforced, posters on here have tried to re-echo what was being said by those who know the game, yet JR stubbornly believes his own opinion, despite the evidence demonstrating he was talking out of his arse again.
    Just being a pedant like you with your stats I have a couple of posts before this one quoted the actual Grand Slam Rule on Medical Time Outs for Bleeding.

Lets see him argue with that. No doubt he will anyway. Perhaps he will say she secreted a blood capsule somewhere and broke it open on her leg without being spotted by the multifarious cameras !!

He can'

Fantastic achievement for someone so young. As for the bleeding, you can see the blood had seeped through in the photos at the award ceremony.

Didn’t drop a set….that’s amazing. Other players have taken almost 10 minute “toilet breaks” at key times in games, the Greek guy did it v Murray, it’s allowed but it halts the rhythm of the game. I don’t think it did for Emma, it could have easily gone the other way like she alluded to when speaking after saying I’m just glad I didn’t do a double fault. There were so many break points you can’t just refer to one

Regarding the time out, I couldn't imagine a worse time to have one, having to think about serving at break point down when already missed match point.

I'm sure if Fernandez had a time out then Raducanu would also have been frustrated.

Fernandez I thought missed a trick, she could have stayed focused at her end and maybe tried to gee the crowd up. Instead she wound herself up more and more, understandable though.

Has anybody ranked 150 or below ever won a major singles title before?