Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
There was too much good sport on yesterday for me to see her game, but I watched her second round match against an experienced Chinese player (Xheng?) and she was far more impressive than in my one previous viewing - her frenetic, manic loss at Wimbledon a few months ago when the whole occasions seemed to get to her.

Raducanu was comfortably beating Xheng for a set and a half, but then her opponent fought back from 4-0 down to 4-3 and things began to look a bit dodgy. However, Radacanu then won her next two service games without missing a first serve, it was nerveless stuff and very impressive - I think she's a possible future winner of at least one Grand Slam title.
If you think that was impressive you should have seen her yesterday. Comfortable is not the word. Imposing or masterful is a better one. I have rarely seen a female player hit the ball so consistently hard. Sara Tormo didn't know if she was coming or going and was reduced to just shaking her head in disbelief.

Someone forecast that Raducanu will soon be the best returner of serve in the women's game. I can quite believe it after watching that performance.