+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Emma Raducanu

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback

Re: Emma Raducanu

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    Even I can create a pivot table in Excel.

Well I could create one 15 years ago when I took early retirement!

I wonder if she can write a COBOL or RPG II program though (do people still write in COBOL these days. And has anyone on here even heard of RPG!!!)).

My computer skills are very niche these days. Though I used to be a dab hand at SQL as well
    Pivot tables haven't changed, they're still duplo blocks though. Use array formula, much more powerful

Quote Originally Posted by Feedback View Post
    Pivot tables haven't changed, they're still duplo blocks though. Use array formula, much more powerful
    Yes I used to use arrays (in both Excel and RPG)as well. Couldn't do it now though, without doing some training

International

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    You can sign up to play in Heath park for £40 a year, you can then book as many times a day or week as you want….bit out there eh?
    There was nothing like it when I was a kid, and only 1 indoor court in cardiff.
    Do you mean only 1 grass court?

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    No I mean an indoor court, the only one I knew of was at Sophia gardens, jubilee hall or whatever. I had coaching there on a Friday back in the day.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    There was plenty of grass and outdoor courts, it’s a bit brutal in the wind and rain in the winter months…..

some interesting similarities between the two finalists
    both teenagers in their first grand slam final
    both unseeded
    both born in Canada less than 2 months apart.
    one with a Romanian father and Chinese mother and the other with an Ecuadorian father and a mother of Filipino descent.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    some interesting similarities between the two finalists
    both teenagers in their first grand slam final
    both unseeded
    both born in Canada less than 2 months apart.
    one with a Romanian father and Chinese mother and the other with an Ecuadorian father and a mother of Filipino descent.
    I wonder if there's a similar thread on Vancouver Whitecaps FC's message board discussing the finalists nationality, alongside a discussion about their ex-coach as to whether he's Welsh or Zambian 😁

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I think the thing which says so much is that old professionals, who could become cynical and a bit negative about the game they once played, are so amazed at how she is playing - I saw those interviews with Greg Rusedski and Annabel Croft and the former, who had been tipping her to lose before previous matches apparently, was plain gobsmacked about her.

Good point as well about how she is causing her opponents to look so ordinary.
    It's not only her ability to hit the ball so hard and so accurately that is astounding, it's the maturity she has to know when to play a point winning shot that seems so incredibly natural. Maturity beyond her years.

Years ago I remember watching TransWorld Sport early one Saturday morning on Channel 4. There was a feature on a young 16 year old Spanish tennis player, who apparently was going to take clay court tennis to a whole new level. His name was Rafa Nadal.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    It's not only her ability to hit the ball so hard and so accurately that is astounding, it's the maturity she has to know when to play a point winning shot that seems so incredibly natural. Maturity beyond her years.

Years ago I remember watching TransWorld Sport early one Saturday morning on Channel 4. There was a feature on a young 16 year old Spanish tennis player, who apparently was going to take clay court tennis to a whole new level. His name was Rafa Nadal.
    Yes as I said Greg Rusedski compared her to Nadal.

The other thing mentioned by many of the pundits is how strong her all round game is.

Last night she showed she has a good serve, exceptional return of serve, good forehand and backhand, good volleying and , particularly in one game near the end a good lob, She also won a point with a good sliced return at one stage and I think it was Martina who said she should use the slice more because she played it well.

I hope the crowd at Arthur Ashe stadium chant 'Emma, Emma Radu...Emma RaduCANU' to the tune of Hal Robson-Kanu

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    I hope the crowd at Arthur Ashe stadium chant 'Emma, Emma Radu...Emma RaduCANU' to the tune of Hal Robson-Kanu
    And that song sung for the best Welsh International defender Ashley Williams

She has a great chance of winning as her opponent is a newbie .

Emma is the first qualifier to reach a Grand Slam final , her opponent is Canadian perhaps New Yorkers will be more behind Emma

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    It was simply a Joke with Goats, which I thought he might find slightly humorous as myself and Goats are a similar age and as kids tennis certainly wasn't for the working class

The time difference between posts was due to me working till 10.30 and not being sat online

Yes I know Tennis is open to all these days, both my Girls occasionally play at our local court

I hope that clears up your misunderstanding of my post
    A quid a week in the 80s I've read on here. How very middle class.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    And it turns out goats not only played tennis but had a coach

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    I got free coaching, me and 9 others in cardiff county….we were special you see….

….we were special you see….
    its looking that way

drinking posh caramel macchiato's in some Italian Cafe
    Jacob Rees-Mogg as his tennis Coach
    a chauffeur to ferry him around these privileged middle class activities
    and to top it of, Holidays to Florida/Disney

its looking that way

drinking posh caramel macchiato's in some Italian Cafe
    Jacob Rees-Mogg as his tennis Coach
    a chauffeur to ferry him around these privileged middle class activities
    and to top it of, Holidays to Florida/Disney
    I admit it, I used to shop in woodies and pavilion too. Outrageous stuff

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    You could call my dad a coach I guess

that was 1 weeks petrol money for the car back then, though by the sound of it, maybe Goats had a chauffeur back then ? ? ?

I got free coaching, me and 9 others in cardiff county….we were special you see….
    Imagine your old man charging you 😳

Imagine your old man charging you ��
    Exactly….it was taxing in many other ways mind

Exactly….it was taxing in many other ways mind
    I love both my parents but I can't say I'd be able to let either of them coach me, it wouldn't work, so can imagine what you mean.

I love both my parents but I can't say I'd be able to let either of them coach me, it wouldn't work, so can imagine what you mean.
    its a tough gig, I coach my youngest at football, its always a tough Saturday afternoon if we ( as a team ) haven't put into practise what we trained on Wednesday / Friday night, Only a very small number of times I can say that she hasn't ( because she does try and do what we practise ) , but we do sometimes struggle on Saturday afternoons / evenings, our cure is a walk into town for her to visit the pound shop and grabbing a Starbucks, seems to distract us

its a tough gig, I coach my youngest at football, its always a tough Saturday afternoon if we ( as a team ) haven't put into practise what we trained on Wednesday / Friday night, Only a very small number of times I can say that she hasn't ( because she does try and do what we practise ) , but we do sometimes struggle on Saturday afternoons / evenings, our cure is a walk into town for her to visit the pound shop and grabbing a Starbucks, seems to distract us
    Fair play for that. My daughter as lovely as she is couldn't cope with me coaching her 😂

Fair play for that. My daughter as lovely as she is couldn't cope with me coaching her ��
    be interesting to know what me daughter thinks she might not be so kind