+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Real Anti Racism Stand

Real Anti Racism Stand

If footballers particularly UK ones want to make the biggest impact sport has ever seen forget taking the knee just refuse to participate in the Qatar World Cup.

There are reports that 12 migrants die every week working on stadium builds and are basically treated like slaves .

Qatar has no respect for woman or gay rights ,severe institutional racism and no democracy.

Re: Real Anti Racism Stand

I'd be happy for Wales to go but highlight all the crap that happens there

Something like a rainbow kit would be brilliant

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post

That would be great

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    If footballers particularly UK ones want to make the biggest impact sport has ever seen forget taking the knee just refuse to participate in the Qatar World Cup.

There are reports that 12 migrants die every week working on stadium builds and are basically treated like slaves .

Qatar has no respect for woman or gay rights ,severe institutional racism and no democracy.
    I agree 100%. Complete the qualifiers then make a stand.

My guess is that one or two players will boycott it anyway but I wonder if any football pundits will say no.
    The TV companies seem to have gone out of their way in recent years on political correctness.
    There are quite a few that are pretty vocal on our screens every week.

There'll probably be a few token gestures offered to allow all to save face.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post

That would achieve precisely **** all.

How would it be a stand against racism?

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    How would it be a stand against racism?
    UN's views

https://www.theguardian.com/global-d...says-un-report

Slavery was my initial thought before opening that link, fair enough though

Can they do both or are they only allowed one of your two selected protests?

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Owned ?

Owned.

Depends on how they view slavery and death in the name of football I guess ?

Modern footballers are very vocal these days on the rights and wrongs of life, so what better action and refuse to play ( that would be the protest to end protest)

I agree with this.

If the messages are meaningful, it seems hypocritical to go to Qatar and say nothing.

And I'm not saying they should say or do anything, I just think it's a tad hypocritical, but maybe that is better than insulting hosts..i dunno.

Don't go

Modern footballers are very vocal these days on the rights and wrongs of life, so what better action and refuse to play ( that would be the protest to end protest)
    I was just checking if they do that and also take the knee?

FIFA and the the rest like to make it look like they care about these things until the money they receive conveniently lets them turn a blind eye to this kind of thing.

Let's be honest here, the awarding of a World Cup to Qatar will be a result of nothing more than corruption and many people benefitting from money under the table.

Football loses sight of it's morals once the money rises to a certain level and this is proof of that.

It isn't just football that sells it's soul and ignored the things that go on in these countries either. Boxing and the recent Joshua-Ruiz fight in Saudi Arabia springs to mind. Joshua-Fury was due to be there too.

The authorities of both sports would sell their soul to the devil at the right price.

I was just checking if they do that and also take the knee?
    Only footballers selected in a world cup squad may air their feelings

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    That would achieve precisely **** all.
    Disagree

Marginal gains.

I am with you but it would not be only a stand against racism but a stand against appalling human rights, a stand against the greed, a stand against corrupt and aggressive regimes, a stand against homophobia and a stand against human trafficking and the inhumane way migrants are treated.

If we fail to qualify I'm all for it.

What do you do to improve the lives of others ? Lurk on message-boards shitting on minority languages or trying to stir up ill will towards efforts that are trying to do away with racism ? You should feel proud of yourself .

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    What do you do to improve the lives of others ? Lurk on message-boards shitting on minority languages or trying to stir up ill will towards efforts that are trying to do away with racism ? You should feel proud of yourself .
    You've got lifeonmars all wrong. He doesn't just post about ending the knee protest every two weeks.

He also says that underage girls groomed for sex, like the accuser of Prince Andrew, knew what they were getting into, and that only white people can be natural born UK citizens.

He's a nice guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    He's the ultimate whatabouter, I think he's got a specially made whatabout key on his keyboard that he can press whenever he sees someone trying to do something BLM related. All he has to do then is copy paste Qatar, China or wherever into his message.

Never lifts a finger himself to help those causes of course, just taps taps taps away in his dark bedroom

He's the ultimate whatabouter, I think he's got a specially made whatabout key on his keyboard that he can press whenever he sees someone trying to do something BLM related. All he has to do then is copy paste Qatar, China or wherever into his message.

Never lifts a finger himself to help those causes of course, just taps taps taps away in his dark bedroom
    There's a factory of them on here...