Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
I also said that I didn't know what his best position was and that Rob Page should take the lions share of the flak for playing him where he did, also that Mark Harris would have been the better option.

I said earlier in the thread that Ruben was out of his depth and you agreed with another poster that he had played well.

you really think he played well then Bob and that he wasn't out of his depth?
At half time yesterday, I answered a message saying "He hasn't been too bad, the shambles has originated elsewhere." with "Agreed, Lawrence had a horror ten minutes and you just don’t expect Gunter to make mistakes like that in international football. Wales got careless for about two or three minutes before the penalty.".

So, I didn't say Colwill had played well, I agreed that, at half time, he hadn't been too bad. I thought Colwill matched Wales in many ways by making a decent start before finding things a struggle as Wales, through accident or design, began to play to him as if he was a target man.

If you're rating him as a target man, then I'd say he was out of his depth, but when Wales were playing well in the first quarter he was more comfortable when he didn't have to play with his back to goal - I'd say he played pretty well then, but his performance fell away in the same way as the teams did.