Quote Originally Posted by FormerlyJohnnyBreadhead View Post
Main points for me:

- Colwill is not a striker and it was unfair of Page to play him as one. His game is about getting on the ball and taking players on, not receiving it with his back to goal while two giant centre halves roll him over. Poor management.

- Speaking of which, Page is way out of his depth at this level and that becomes clearer with every game. He has his favorites, and he doesn't know how to play to our strengths and minimize our weaknesses in the way that Coleman did. The first rule of international football is be hard to score against and out non existent midfield is constantly leaving our defence horribly exposed.

- The midfield. Allen's legs have gone. Legend of a player for Wales but there were times yesterday when he was chasing back on counter attacks and it was painful to watch. Joe Morrell came in and plugged a gap for a few games but the fact that not only is he still in the squad but a nailed on starter is shocking. Absolutely nowhere near the quality required to be an international. Page needs to address this, we have some decent young prospects in those positions like Elliot Thorpe, Robbie Burton, Dylan Levitt, and even Sion Spence, and it pisses me off that their pathway is being blocked by lower league mediocrity like Morrell and Sheehan.

- James Lawrence should never play for Wales again. That was the worst performance I've ever seen by a centre back at international level, the guy is horrendous. Mepham isn't much better either. Giggs and Page have this obsession with ball playing defenders but if they can't, you know, actually defend then what's the point?

- On the plus side, Bale showed immense leadership qualities (again), Mark Harris did well (and was singled out for praise by Bale which was nice). Brennan Johnson looks to have a lot of promise, and Jonny Williams carried on his weird streak of having more impact at international level than club level.
Excellent post. Agree with all of that.