+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: WELCOME TO DIGITAL TICKETING !!!!!

WELCOME TO DIGITAL TICKETING !!!!!

This shows all that is wrong with technology !!

Great when it works, the pits, when it doesn’t !

https://apple.news/A8PySkaKURTig1jCNs8HMhA

Re: WELCOME TO DIGITAL TICKETING !!!!!

A one off and linked to print at home tickets. 99.9% of people are fine with moving forward into the modern age.

These quotes are from the same article
    Hundreds of Soccer Aid fans were left fuming after a ticketing fiasco caused them to miss half the game
    Regrettably, a very small number of fans experienced a delay in gaining entry to the ground before kick-off

Just got to read what’s required.
    Best advise is to take a screenshot of the Barcode or QR code - this saves the issue of the internet being too crowded at the turnstile.

Quote Originally Posted by 19bluebirds27 View Post
    Best advise is to take a screenshot of the Barcode or QR code - this saves the issue of the internet being too crowded at the turnstile.
    Some tickets can be stored in your Wallet (in your phone) so no need for an internet connection.

Quote Originally Posted by 19bluebirds27 View Post
    That's what I've been doing. Of 3 home matches, worked twice. Millwall, a steward had to use his pass card to get me in. No idea why entry wouldn't work for the one match. Screen brightness was turned up on all occasions. Its a mystery.
    Last edited by IanD; 06-09-21 at 10:08. Reason: Missing word

We won't need them much longer anyway, spoke with the club this morning.

Club will have finished handcrafting each ST card by tomorrow. Each will then be personally delivered by a member of the megastore staff over the next 2 weeks.

If not in when they try to deliver, they will leave a calling card asking for you to call them to arrange a new delivery date.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    We won't need them much longer anyway, spoke with the club this morning.

Club will have finished handcrafting each ST card by tomorrow. Each will then be personally delivered by a member of the megastore staff over the next 2 weeks.

If not in when they try to deliver, they will leave a calling card asking for you to call them to arrange a new delivery date.
    I was told that if no-one is in to receive the card, thry will stick it ti the door with some blu-tack.
    If it falls off , gets lost, or stolen, then you have to pay £20 to cancel the first card, £20 for them to issue a new card, plus taxi fare from CCS to your house and back. If no-one can receive the replacement card, then they use blu-tack again and the same rules apply.

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    I was told that if no-one is in to receive the card, thry will stick it ti the door with some blu-tack.
    If it falls off , gets lost, or stolen, then you have to pay £20 to cancel the first card, £20 for them to issue a new card, plus taxi fare from CCS to your house and back. If no-one can receive the replacement card, then they use blu-tack again and the same rules apply.
    Free blu-tack.

What's not to like?

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    This shows all that is wrong with technology !!

Great when it works, the pits, when it doesn’t !

https://apple.news/A8PySkaKURTig1jCNs8HMhA
    I clicked on your link and got this message:

"403 ERROR: The request could not be satisfied."

There you go.

StT.
    <><

It does my head in. It's a faff getting in with kids, my mate and me were both sent the same code, the ticket download thingy is fiddly and weird. I also like a ticket stub as a momento, although admittedly I am not bothered about random home games for that so much.

At the very least i would favour the option to print at home, so it's just sat as an email with a pdf. When you downloads the tickets like that, it doesnt include the QR code thing, which is just weird.

I dunno, it's taken something that has never been a problem and made it a bit of a faff. And the queues are worse too.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    It does my head in. It's a faff getting in with kids, my mate and me were both sent the same code, the ticket download thingy is fiddly and weird. I also like a ticket stub as a momento, although admittedly I am not bothered about random home games for that so much.

At the very least i would favour the option to print at home, so it's just sat as an email with a pdf. When you downloads the tickets like that, it doesnt include the QR code thing, which is just weird.

I dunno, it's taken something that has never been a problem and made it a bit of a faff. And the queues are worse too.

Just tell the ticket office you want paper tickets, I have and it’s not a problem getting in

Just tell the ticket office you want paper tickets, I have and it’s not a problem getting in
    THEN WHAT ARE YOU MOANING FOR??!!

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Because he can.

Bored of it now.

Yes I know I didn't have to open the thread but I get a weird buzz seeing all the usual suspects repeating themselves over and over.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post

Not moaning, just pointing out technology is not the “be all and end all”

Things can go wrong and if someone doesn’t push the right button, it goes tits up

Things can go wrong and if someone doesn’t push the right button, it goes tits up
    I'm glad you've done this for us all, again nobody read the other 36 threads on it, I'm so thankful you kept us in the loop. Where has this information been.

Man moans as world he knew leaves and modern world passes him by.

Same goes for everything, do you think your precious paper tickets are handwritten?

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    Man moans as world he knew leaves and modern world passes him by.
    Although he's fine with his new mobile phone, computer, better technology in his newer car, etc etc.

When it suite eh.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Although he's fine with his new mobile phone, computer, better technology in his newer car, etc etc.

When it suite eh.
    Haven’t got a computer (using iPhone)

Car is 16 years old

Car is 16 years old
    Sorry, can't let this one go, an iPhone is a computer.

Car is 16 years old
    That 16 year old car is a lot safer due to technological advances though eh.

Pick and choose what you accept and moan about

A man with your dislike for change ought to have a rotary dial and 3 channels on his box TV.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    That 16 year old car is a lot safer due to technological advances though eh.

Pick and choose what you accept and moan about

A man with your dislike for change ought to have a rotary dial and 3 channels on his box TV.

Since March 2020 (lockdown) the cars traveled 90 miles

Since March 2020 (lockdown) the cars traveled 90 miles
    Not surprised all the streets they have closed in town.
    How have you taken to mobile phones? Do you miss the old rotary?