Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
I am talking about care at home , using the brokerage system

The council put out a alert that a care package is up for grabs and that goes to the councils list of approved providers who make the bid if they have capacity

From my experience I am amazed how any of these care companies get clearance to provide a service as they are short of staff , those that are still there are over worked and a lot of the carers are hopeless .

If the NHS or councils employed care staff and paid them a decent wage it would be a start
A young lady near me has just joined my choir. She's in her early 20s and is a carer in a home somewhere around Ponty. She gets her working hours for the following week a few days before the start of that week. She can request not to work certain times but if she's needed, then tough. £9 an hour, even if it's a night shift. Her old car recently failed an MOT and, without having any money to fall back on, has had to buy a second hand car on finance. Without a car she couldn't work. She is renting a house near me and barely has any money left after bills have been paid. She lives on her own.

It's tough.