Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
With today's announcement, coupled with all the other increases since the bus, the health service will probably receive somewhere near or even more than the £350m per week but not because of BREXIT. The Kings Fund state an additional £60bn but it is impossible to disaggregate the figures with inflation etc.

The bus statement was misleading but I suppose it was intended to convey the point that the BREXIT saving would free up funds for a government to spend that amount on the NHS or anything else for that matter. We know how that has worked out.

Of course Labour might have a brilliant plan for social care but the interviews I have seen today avoids giving a straight answer. In essence there is no opposition plan meaning those who are asked to comment can only criticise.

As I have said before, at least we now have a plan which is far better than the arrangements which currently apply which forced me to sell under a power of attorney my parents house for Nursing Home fees. The new arrangements are far from perfect but at least the nettle has been grasped.
There's no denying the extra funding that the current government has put into the NHS, but isnt it just papering over the cracks of cuts by previous Tory administrations?