+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Newport county burberry shirt

Newport county burberry shirt

Has anyone seen the Newport countys burberry type shirt.
    Would have looked good in 2001 now I'm not so sure.
    Can't link a photo

Re: Newport county burberry shirt

Screenshot 2021-09-08 at 12.12.31.jpg

It's alright, I'm still a bit stunned that GLC is still flogging that poor horse, they were doing that shtick when I was in uni 20 years ago

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Screenshot 2021-09-08 at 12.12.31.jpg

It's alright, I'm still a bit stunned that GLC is still flogging that poor horse, they were doing that shtick when I was in uni 20 years ago
    They're in the entertainment business. If they're still into it and they can still make money why should they stop? I don't think they're in it to make the greatest record of all time.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    They're in the entertainment business. If they're still into it and they can still make money why should they stop? I don't think they're in it to make the greatest record of all time.
    What I meant was I'm stunned that they're still successfully flogging that poor horse

Hummel are making some nice kits at the moment.

That Newport state of mind piss take made me laugh even if it was woefully inaccurate

I think that is a cracking town centre fighting shirt , I'm getting one .

Theyve had a car wrapped in the same pattern aswell.
    Anything that takes the piss out of wannabe hoolies who still wear that stuff is fine with me.🙂

GLC were down in Cornwall doing a festival, my mate ( the police officer ) was the officer in charge, he met some of them, messaged me that night and said " what a state are GLC and how the hell are they still going "

I told him, they are on a great gig, mid 40's and still living the dream they had nearly 20 years ago, a bunch of mates ( 10 - 20 at times ) just arsing about, I guess they live in modest houses in Newport, so a few quid from radio play, a little from YouTube and top it up with a few live shows, its got to be better than getting a real job

They don't do anyone any harm, entertain a few, its all good

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    GLC were down in Cornwall doing a festival, my mate ( the police officer ) was the officer in charge, he met some of them, messaged me that night and said " what a state are GLC and how the hell are they still going "

I told him, they are on a great gig, mid 40's and still living the dream they had nearly 20 years ago, a bunch of mates ( 10 - 20 at times ) just arsing about, I guess they live in modest houses in Newport, so a few quid from radio play, a little from YouTube and top it up with a few live shows, its got to be better than getting a real job

They are national treasures anyone who can introduce Maesglas into a lyric is a genius, eat your heart out Dylan

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post

You guess that they live in Modest houses in Newport? Jesus Matt, listen to yerself sometimes

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    You guess that they live in Modest houses in Newport? Jesus Matt, listen to yerself sometimes
    There's no such place called modest in Newport ?

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I meant they are not in multi million pound mansions , surely not, they have about 10 in GLC with maybe the same occasionally part of them group, they are certainly not earning " take that money "

though if you know different, then I stand corrected

It's a shocker of a shirt. Nil points

Bunch of posh Bassaleg Tw@s.
    I’d love to see one or two of them filled in.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    It's a shocker of a shirt. Nil points
    This so needed to be said.

They’re absolutely hilarious! Try this in a Newport accent:
    “Let’s ‘av a look at that mobile phone. Thas F-in’ posh. Where’d you buy it from?”
    “Urrr…I gorrit from a shop wot sells mobile phones, like.”
    “F-in’ safe!”

🤣