+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: FT: WALES 0 - 0 ESTONIA. Match thread

Re: WALES v ESTONIA. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Thank f**k we never signed Jonnie Williams

Playacting waster
    he was pretty poor again and wonder why he even gets in the squad.

Re: FT: WALES 0 - 0 ESTONIA. Match thread

I can't see us qualifying unless we can find some better options than Allen and Morrell in central midfield.

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post
    Classless as well walking away from the Estonian manager who was looking to shake his hand.
    This is a disgrace if true. Page seems like a very likeable bloke but that would be well out of order.

Quote Originally Posted by 19bluebirds27 View Post
    Why no VAR tonight like there was on Sunday?
    Not that there was anything for it to look at.
    There was. There was an announcement in the stadium before the game.

Why were there massive queues outside the stadium just before before kickoff? Did the entire crowd turn up at the same time?

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    Why were there massive queues outside the stadium just before before kickoff? Did the entire crowd turn up at the same time?
    I don’t normally go in the Ninian but despite the large number of entrances, only 9 was being used. Is that usual?

Quote Originally Posted by cityhammer View Post
    I stand corrected - missed that.
    Like I said nothing to look at.

C'mon people, I know we're all disappointed but seems that so many are ready to rush towards negativity.

Giggs is almost definitely Wales' most expensive manager of all time and as a small nation it's highly unlikely that we can continue to pay him and employ a new manager. I don't think Page is the man, and think money needs to be spent on his supporting case to give him the best chance, but I accept our options are limited and recognise how well he's done to keep momentum going.

Next we're moaning about the players? Okay, some clearly have limitations but most of them are a group who flew to Kazan and back having spent the summer flying to Baku and back. They've literally put in the miles to get our support - support which previously has got them playing above their usual standards - and the Estonian keeper won't have a better day this year.

Klopp described Liverpool fans as journey hunters recently. Our journey has become more difficult tonight and it's bitterly disappointing, but it's roughly 10 years since Earnshaw's bad miss at Wembley which really is the day Together Stronger was born and we're so much better for it.

A lot of hard work to develop things in preparation for two big away games, and then two big home games where it's our job to fill up the CCS.

A pretty sh*t return for Welsh football at the CCS but our job is to be good supporters and push us forward even though the difficult moments. Who's up for supporting the Welsh women's team when they play at CCS next?

Next chance to support Wales/Cymru at the CCS: https://www.faw.cymru/en/wales/match...-october-2021/

Oh look, it's against Estonia as well. Chance to put it right?

Being completely rational and objective, coming second to Belgium (if we can manage it) was probably the most likely outcome.

Drawing to Estonia wasn't.

If we don't manage to get through the qualifying stages, I feel like it's about time the FAW cast their net a little bit wider when looking for a manager. The philosophy of hiring from within has undoubtedly worked wonders. I just can't help but think there have been occasions when we probably could have expected a little more from the team, and that this might be in some part down to managerial know-how.

I get the feeling sometimes that you could stick any Welsh, former pro in that position and the team spirit and raw talent of the team would carry them through...... to a certain extent. I do wonder though how far we could go if the inate abilities of the players and group were accompanied by some real managerial nous.

I'm not just saying this after tonight's game either. I though the Euros performances were generally a bit lightweight and desperate on the whole.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    C'mon people, I know we're all disappointed but seems that so many are ready to rush towards negativity.

Giggs is almost definitely Wales' most expensive manager of all time and as a small nation it's highly unlikely that we can continue to pay him and employ a new manager. I don't think Page is the man, and think money needs to be spent on his supporting case to give him the best chance, but I accept our options are limited and recognise how well he's done to keep momentum going.

Next we're moaning about the players? Okay, some clearly have limitations but most of them are a group who flew to Kazan and back having spent the summer flying to Baku and back. They've literally put in the miles to get our support - support which previously has got them playing above their usual standards - and the Estonian keeper won't have a better day this year.

Klopp described Liverpool fans as journey hunters recently. Our journey has become more difficult tonight and it's bitterly disappointing, but it's roughly 10 years since Earnshaw's bad miss at Wembley which really is the day Together Stronger was born and we're so much better for it.

A lot of hard work to develop things in preparation for two big away games, and then two big home games where it's our job to fill up the CCS.

A pretty sh*t return for Welsh football at the CCS but our job is to be good supporters and push us forward even though the difficult moments. Who's up for supporting the Welsh women's team when they play at CCS next?
    well said.

How did Wilson miss that???
    He missed that chance because Wilson's a decent player by Championship standards, but that's about it. He's nowhere near as good as he and some of his supporters believe him to be.

There was a time, fairly recently, when those who rate Harry Wilson were suggesting he was worth £20 million, £25 million or even £30 million. Fulham paid £12 million and I believe they got done by Jurgen Klopp. I sincerely hope I'm wrong about this, but I don't think Wilson will ever be a Premier League regular. The Championship is his level.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Lung View Post
    This is a disgrace if true. Page seems like a very likeable bloke but that would be well out of order.
    It did happen on the camera footage that I watched.
    I’m sorry for highlighting it now to be honest, just disappointed in the game and the outcome.

I think that Page comes across as a Gentlemen and this shouldn’t be a stick to beat him with.

Why on earth was Williams brought on ahead of Johnson? One's a Championship regular, the other plays for Swindon ffs! Why did Morrell and Allen play the full 90 AGAIN? Why was Roberts picked up front? Desperately poor.

A massive missed opportunity tonight and some strange calls again by Page. Williams should never have come on for Wilson and he should’ve also had the bottle to take him off around the 70 min mark imo but he didn’t. It’s a shame we’re in the position we’re in with Page as we can’t move on from him or appoint anyone else whilst the Giggs stuff hangs over us so I don’t see why Twitter etc is calling for it - unfortunately we’re with him until the campaign is over now. I don’t think anyone thinks he’d be in charge had Giggs pleaded guilty and lost his job a year ago. It is what it is though and hopefully we can sneak through the play offs.

Really disappointing but we’ve had worse days in fairness. Still well within our grasp to qualify and it’ll go down to the wire with the play offs but it’s all so flat at the moment. A bit of Bale magic or nothing. It doesn’t bode well for when he retires as no one seems to be stepping up at all which is a worry.

No late winner to paper over Welsh attacking limitations this time – a really bad night.

Young attackers still not doing enough as Keiffer Moore is badly missed.

http://mauveandyellowarmy.net/

Have you not noticed that a large majority of posters in here support Wales?
    We are the famous Cardiff City and we’ve been to “Wemberly” 7 times. Twice in the 1920s v. Sheffield Utd and Arsenal. 5 times in recent years v. Pompey, Liverpool, Barnsley, Spurs (in the Premiership) and Blackpool.

I can only support one team like I am with my first and last wife. Following players like Joe Allen and Sam Vokes who celebrate like mad when they score against the City is something I cannot do. Have no time for plastics from Cardiff who support other club teams but for some reason still sympathise with Wales.

I want Wales to do well and cheer their successes. But Cardiff City come first for me any day.

Quote Originally Posted by cityhammer View Post
    There was a short video about 20mins before kick off but no teams announcements at all , what was that about ?

Thought Wales were better in the last 25mins but it reminded me a lot of Giggs' games before he discovered Moore. Some nice short passage of play with no end result. Looked distinctly toothless.

I thought Mark Harris posed much more of a threat than Roberts and should have started.

Few things that disappointed me last night, a few "fans" doing their best to boo loudly the players showing their stand against racism and discrimination; a group trying to get a Cardiff City chant going, and a lot of boos at the final whistle. It wasn't the best game, but given the ridiculous conditions around Sunday's game and the number of missing important players 4 points over the 2 games wasn't bad.

Quote Originally Posted by bluesp View Post
    Few things that disappointed me last night, a few "fans" doing their best to boo loudly the players showing their stand against racism and discrimination; a group trying to get a Cardiff City chant going, and a lot of boos at the final whistle. It wasn't the best game, but given the ridiculous conditions around Sunday's game and the number of missing important players 4 points over the 2 games wasn't bad.
    Sorry, I think the last part of your post is pre 2016 thinking, Wales have moved on and nothing but six points would do from games against teams sixty and ninety places below us in the world rankings.

Quote Originally Posted by bluesp View Post
    4 points over two games against those teams is bad. The team we had out yesterday was more than strong enough to beat an awful Estonian team.

Looking forward to the playoff. We come up against a manager with slight tactical skills and we're ****ed.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanmore Bluebird View Post
    We are the famous Cardiff City and we’ve been to “Wemberly” 7 times. Twice in the 1920s v. Sheffield Utd and Arsenal. 5 times in recent years v. Pompey, Liverpool, Barnsley, Spurs (in the Premiership) and Blackpool.

I can only support one team like I am with my first and last wife. Following players like Joe Allen and Sam Vokes who celebrate like mad when they score against the City is something I cannot do. Have no time for plastics from Cardiff who support other club teams but for some reason still sympathise with Wales.

I want Wales to do well and cheer their successes. But Cardiff City come first for me any day.
    Great, good for you. Now why do you feel the need to join a Wales thread to tell us who have the intelligence and emotional capacity to support a club AND national team to stop talking about it? Just leave us to it

Was awful and has been terrible recently apart from the Turkey performance.

We basicslly wasted the first half practicing our passing and keeping possesion against a team who are happy to give it up. I know there were injuries but its not good enough.

This passing philosophy isnt going to get us anywhere as any decent team we are coming up against are going to do it better, plus Allen and Morrell arent good enough. We have good ball carriers in the forward positions and shpuld be utilising that. The passing was so slow that by the time the ball got to anyone decent they were covered.

We should have won the game but its been poor under Page for long enough.

I think his stubborn attitude towards older players left is massively short for options in this squad. I said it before but dont tell me that Vokes or Evans wouldnt have offered more than Colwill or Roberts playing out of position.