+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Welshman summarising the England game ?

Re: Welshman summarising the England game ?

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    This sums up up the world as it is now beautifully
    I find I can only cope with life now when I think 'what would Douglas Adams have said'.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    I find I can only cope with life now when I think 'what would Douglas Adams have said'.

What was the question?

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post

What was the question?
    :)

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post

What was the question?
    I find the number strangely comforting.

During lockdown, I rediscovered Dirk Gentley's Holistic Detective Agency and binge-watched the Netflix series. Have you ever seen it or read the books? I'd also forgotten, again, until recently, Adams' Python connections.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    I find the number strangely comforting.

During lockdown, I rediscovered Dirk Gentley's Holistic Detective Agency and binge-watched the Netflix series. Have you ever seen it or read the books? I'd also forgotten, again, until recently, Adams' Python connections.
    Never read the Dirk Gentley books but watched the TV series years ago. Adams was an amazing writer. Unique!

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post
    Do you think that we lost to Belgium because all of our goals were scored by English born Welsh players?
    You mean….English players , who weren’t good enough for England, so played for Wales, and denied Welshmen caps for their country? Well yeah…of course…it’s not ideal is it.

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    Because he's given very little evidence to back up his "Ashley Williams is a C@@t" comments. Seems to have a hatred based on what I can assume is some Swansea/England dislike.
    Seriously? Have you had your head in the sand for 10 years? ….ask Vanessa about his ‘off the field’ antics.
    I could care less about him shagging around tho, my main beef with him, is that he selfishly denied Welshmen caps for Wales, just because he thought he didn’t have a cat in hells chance of playing for England.

Quote Originally Posted by G rangetown Blue View Post
    Seriously? Have you had your head in the sand for 10 years? ….ask Vanessa about his ‘off the field’ antics.
    I could care less about him shagging around tho, my main beef with him, is that he selfishly denied Welshmen caps for Wales, just because he thought he didn’t have a cat in hells chance of playing for England.
    Isn't is the case that Brian Flynn approached Ashley in the first place as to whether he was eligible to play for Wales? If so, was Ashley supposed to say that he was honoured that he should have been approached but that it would be an unacceptable selfish deed if he took up the invitation to join the squaf? By the way, are you sure that you 'could care less', old fruit?

Quote Originally Posted by G rangetown Blue View Post
    He was part of the best summer of my life, I couldn't care less.

He's embraced playing for Wales, had shown more passion for the country that Ryan Giggs ever did. I don't know why you're so bitter? Unless you were on the cusp of becoming the next big Welsh centre half and big bad Ash snatched that away.

People that aren't born in the country they play for has been happening for years.

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    He was part of the best summer of my life, I couldn't care less.

He's embraced playing for Wales, had shown more passion for the country that Ryan Giggs ever did. I don't know why you're so bitter? Unless you were on the cusp of becoming the next big Welsh centre half and big bad Ash snatched that away.

People that aren't born in the country they play for has been happening for years.
    Why does he have to be "bitter" because his opinion isn't the same as loads of others on here?

Ryan Shawcross and Ben Turner ( who are just as ‘Welsh’), did the decent thing, and politely declined the offer, saying they didn’t think it was right to deny Welsh players caps for their country.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Isn't is the case that Brian Flynn approached Ashley in the first place as to whether he was eligible to play for Wales? If so, was Ashley supposed to say that he was honoured that he should have been approached but that it would be an unacceptable selfish deed if he took up the invitation to join the squaf? By the way, are you sure that you 'could care less', old fruit?
    Back in the day, it was quite easy to ‘find’ a grandparents birth certificate, and back then Williams thought he had no chance of playing for England. There was a time when he was only one of a few English centre backs in the EPL, who knows, he may have got a call up, I just hope he thinks the same, surely 1 cap for you own country is far more satisfying than playing for another, lesser ranked nation.

By the way….chavvy single mums from a Swansea council estate are not really my type