+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The future of travel. Virgin Hyperlink

Banned

The future of travel. Virgin Hyperlink

Looks awesome.
    Can you imagine going to away matches like this

https://youtu.be/6hXNXL9PiYk

Re: The future of travel. Virgin Hyperlink

Looks fantastic and is certainly the future.

It's hyperloop you silly Billy.

Heard of something like it before, sure it was Elon Musk.

Definitely one for the very distant future given the time it takes, resources and politics to even electrify the lines we have now.

Maglev has been around since the 50s so it's a shame they didn't get it going then; it might have been the norm now. If it does happen and helps bring down carbon emissions we'll have to put up with the knobhead Branson grabbing the glory and ignoring the damage his airline has done but needs must.

The views out of the non-existent windows are rubbish.

Quote Originally Posted by nugent View Post
    Looks awesome.
    Can you imagine going to away matches like this

https://youtu.be/6hXNXL9PiYk
    I remember watching Rod Taylor in "The Time Machine," a movie that came out in 1960. It showed life as it progressed through the decades, obviously portraying accurately life's triumphs and disasters in the decades before 1960. But as soon as the story moved into the 1960s and beyond — into unknown territory — it portrayed this super-technological world full of wonders that have never ever been close to reality. Point is, we have no idea what the future holds. Wonders await, I have no doubt, but our ability to anticipate them is weak. I once read something from Michael Crichton to the effect that one of the great concerns about rapid global population growth near the end of the 19th century was how we would dispose of all the manure that would result from so many more people riding so many more horses.

We have no idea.

Here's my pet invention, never mind high-tech monorails: A revolving door with a pad. You punch your destination on the pad (or speak it into a box), walk through the door, and presto! London! Cardiff to London in the time it takes to walk through a revolving door.

Yeah, baby.