+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Priti Patel issues orders to turn them boats around

Re: Priti Patel issues orders to turn them boats around

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    He does get on my nerves.

He jumps on any bit of news that can be used to criticise the government whether it's correct or not

Thankfully I don't follow him
    Nothing Tory simps hate more than their team being rightly criticised

The Brexiteers are reaping what they sowed, they were fed the ‘we’ll stop the illegal immigrants’ line and fell for it hook, line & sinker. The French may have the attitude now of ‘shoo, get over there to the nearest non EU country, it’s just over that stretch of water, we’ve no alliance or allegiance to the rosbifs now’. Hypothetical and fanciful, I know, but is it? The largely right wing influenced ‘leavers’ have created the very scenario that was their worst nightmare.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    And work in ticket offices at football clubs.
    I was thinking of a serious answer and then spotted this.To true,to true

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Defending Pritti Patel, saying anyone opposing it is a virtue signaller, just using the phrase virtue signalling and calling David Schneider far left.

What a twat.
    I called you a virtue signaller because you were expressing outrage over this and that without offering any alternative or practical solution.

That in turn helps no one. Makes you feel good about yourself but achieves nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    The Brexiteers are reaping what they sowed, they were fed the ‘we’ll stop the illegal immigrants’ line and fell for it hook, line & sinker. The French may have the attitude now of ‘shoo, get over there to the nearest non EU country, it’s just over that stretch of water, we’ve no alliance or allegiance to the rosbifs now’. Hypothetical and fanciful, I know, but is it? The largely right wing influenced ‘leavers’ have created the very scenario that was their worst nightmare.
    Not really. the numbers coming to the UK hasnt really increased. It's more than lorry-based travel has been managed and controlled better, creating this opportunity for criminal gangs to manage and control crossings via sea.

Which bafflingly, some people seem to think isnt a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    If you believe the likes of the Mail, Express and Nobhead Farage the UK is the only country that asylum seekers are interested in, but if you take a look at the actual figures loads go to other European countries. These UN figures are from 2019 but I'm sure haven't changed greatly:
    UK - 133,094
    Germany - 1,146,685
    France - 407,923
    Italy - 207,619
    Sweden - 253,794
    Switzerland - 110,168
    Austria - 135,955

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List...gee_population
    We are whiter than almost anyone !

Rule Brittannia

Not really. the numbers coming to the UK hasnt really increased. It's more than lorry-based travel has been managed and controlled better, creating this opportunity for criminal gangs to manage and control crossings via sea.

Which bafflingly, some people seem to think isnt a problem.
    On the other hand Brexit has even made it harder and more expensive for UK residents to return home from abroad, it’s annoying when you voted to remain. Anything from €25 to €60 each to have a covid test test prior to returning, very salty for a family of 4 or 5. Whereas it doesn’t apply to EU double jabbed citizens with their certificate. Brexit the gift that keeps on giving.

On the lorry driver thing, perhaps there aren’t as many to inspect as before due to lack of drivers.

I called you a virtue signaller because you were expressing outrage over this and that without offering any alternative or practical solution.

That in turn helps no one. Makes you feel good about yourself but achieves nothing.
    What are you talking about? So we can’t discuss something without coming up with a practical solution?

Virtue signalling doesn’t means making people think you’re a good person without actually being one doesn’t it?

Im sorry pal you are speaking complete and utter shite here.

Virtue signalling has lost all meaning to the right leaning dopes who can’t understand empathy.

Refugees are always going to gravitate towards countries where they have sort of link , it's human nature

15 years ago the UK , France and Germany had established migrant populations so were hotspots so to speak

The UK has dropped away whilst France , Germany take and continue to take the lions share and countries previously not associated with migration ......Italy , Sweden , Norway , Denmark etc have taken in large amounts

Xenophobia and ignorance fueled brexit

What are you talking about? So we can’t discuss something without coming up with a practical solution?

Virtue signalling doesn’t means making people think you’re a good person without actually being one doesn’t it?

Im sorry pal you are speaking complete and utter shite here.

Virtue signalling has lost all meaning to the right leaning dopes who can’t understand empathy.
    You keep coming up with the sectarian 'left / right' stuff.

The difference here is in trying to solve the problem of thousands of people, who may or may not be deserving of asylum, making a dangerous crossing that enriches criminal gangs and costs us at the same time.

It's about finding a solution to that. Acknowledging that reality doesnt make anyone 'right wing' and it certainly doesnt make anyone 'far-right' as you ludicrously said earlier.

It's about finding practical steps to solving a problem. If you cant do that without offering insults and just saying soppy things then so be it, but you aren't helping anyone, least of all people in genuine need if you keep tolerating the existing situation.

Bloody lefites! (joke, chill ya pants)

It's about finding practical steps to solving a problem. If you cant do that without offering insults and just saying soppy things then so be it, but you aren't helping anyone, least of all people in genuine need if you keep tolerating the existing situation.

Sorry, I lost track a bit. Is he tolerating the situation or expressing outrage?

You keep coming up with the sectarian 'left / right' stuff.

The difference here is in trying to solve the problem of thousands of people, who may or may not be deserving of asylum, making a dangerous crossing that enriches criminal gangs and costs us at the same time.

It's about finding a solution to that. Acknowledging that reality doesnt make anyone 'right wing' and it certainly doesnt make anyone 'far-right' as you ludicrously said earlier.

Bloody lefites! (joke, chill ya pants)
    And the whole point of this thread is the practical solution announced today is ****ing stupid and abhorrent.

If thinking that is “virtue signalling” then it’s pointless discussing anything again.

The current situation where people legally seek asylum and then get vetted is infinitely better than turning them round at sea. How does even solve the “people traffickers” issue at all?

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Sorry, I lost track a bit. Is he tolerating the situation or expressing outrage?
    Mad we can’t discuss anything without offering a practical solution any more or we are simply virtue signalling

A pathetic attempt at headlines from a desperate Home Secretary, clueless in the extreme. No-one is going to push back migrant boats mid Channel. A. It's illegal B. Far too dangerous and risks swamping small boats C all one person has to do is jump overboard and it becomes a rescue mission in which ship's captains are obliged to assist D chances are a ship's insurance would be invalidated if it attempted to intervene in redirecting another vessel by "push back". E how many Border Force vessels are there? Significantly fewer than boats trying to cross the Channel. This seems to have alluded the Home Secretary.
    Anyone not spotted the irony in immigrant's offspring trying to stop immigration?
    Finally, anyone claiming asylum can't work legally. So , no lorry drivers or ticket office staff.

Mad we can’t discuss anything without offering a practical solution any more or we are simply virtue signalling
    I didn't vote for you to sit around making sarky comments on a message board, why haven't you found a solution to this yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I didn't vote for you to sit around making sarky comments on a message board, why haven't you found a solution to this yet?

He is tolerating the situation (migrant crossings via criminal gangs) and expressing outrage at anyone who things this isnt a good or sustainable arrangement.

He is tolerating the situation (migrant crossings via criminal gangs) and expressing outrage at anyone who things this isnt a good or sustainable arrangement.
    Why would that outrage you?

I'm sure we are allowed to condemn state-attempted murder without having a solution.

Why would that outrage you?
    It doesn't outrage me. I just don't see the point. It's a waste of time.

It doesn't outrage me. I just don't see the point. It's a waste of time.
    You know what? I don't think anyone else is actually outraged either.

You know what? I don't think anyone else is actually outraged either.
    If so, cool.

But running around calling everyone bellends, ***** and racists isnt the normal sign of being calm and collected.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    I'm sure we are allowed to condemn state-attempted murder without having a solution.
    Who the murders the French ,us or the people traffickers

Having left the EU to 'Take Control of Our Borders', Home Secretary Priti Patel blames the EU for leaving us in control of our borders.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Who the murders the French ,us or the people traffickers
    Us - the UK government.