+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Priti Patel issues orders to turn them boats around

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Priti Patel issues orders to turn them boats around

If you believe the likes of the Mail, Express and Nobhead Farage the UK is the only country that asylum seekers are interested in, but if you take a look at the actual figures loads go to other European countries. These UN figures are from 2019 but I'm sure haven't changed greatly:
    UK - 133,094
    Germany - 1,146,685
    France - 407,923
    Italy - 207,619
    Sweden - 253,794
    Switzerland - 110,168
    Austria - 135,955

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List...gee_population

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    If you believe the likes of the Mail, Express and Nobhead Farage the UK is the only country that asylum seekers are interested in, but if you take a look at the actual figures loads go to other European countries. These UN figures are from 2019 but I'm sure haven't changed greatly:
    UK - 133,094
    Germany - 1,146,685
    France - 407,923
    Italy - 207,619
    Sweden - 253,794
    Switzerland - 110,168
    Austria - 135,955

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List...gee_population
    This isn't about asylum seekers per se, it is about boats crossing the channel via criminal gangs.

The two should not be conflated.

I wholly support the UK airlifts from Afghanistan last week. But I generally don't think facilitating human trafficking from Calais is good.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    This isn't about asylum seekers per se, it is about boats crossing the channel via criminal gangs.

The two should not be conflated.

I wholly support the UK airlifts from Afghanistan last week. But I generally don't think facilitating human trafficking from Calais is good.
    Of course it’s not about asylum seekers once you’ve seen the figures that were posted, how could you possibly justify what you’re saying otherwise?