+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: FT: NOTTINGHAM FOREST 1 - 2 CARDIFF CITY.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: NOTTINGHAM FOREST v CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Sounds like it’s a really good game to watch I knew I shouldn’t have logged in to check….silly me. Dogshite just like I knew it would be.
    I love it when I inspire some form of cosmic movement

Well done Colwill.

Was that Sky trying to block out the chant of "the referee's a wanker"? 😄

City on top now.

All over them now. Changes have made a difference.

COLWILLLLLLLL

Thats a brilliant goal.

Double for Colwill!! He's looked very good, asked all sorts of questions of the Forest defence.

Great from Colwill.

It will do wonders for his confidence too.

Put two of our most attacking players on and we score goals, who would have known it.

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    Put two of our most attacking players on and we score goals, who would have known it.
    Worked wonders.

I can understand Colwill on the bench if he's a bit leggy but Moore is a head scratcher. Still we are ahead now.

iNTERESTING REPLAY....FIRST PLAYERS c OLWILL TURNED TO AFTER 2ND WERE bAGAN AND hARRIS.... ALL THREE BODE WELL FOR THE FUTURE. SORRY FOR CAPS ON!!!

Colwill Sky Man of the Match.

Subs made such a difference. Brennan Johnsons father just said cant see Hughton staying after that.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Colwill Sky Man of the Match.

Subs made such a difference. Brennan Johnsons father just said cant see Hughton staying after that.
    if forest go down wets try to get Johnson off them, ithink he's got a bright future

Great to see the youngsters smiling and celebrating with each other.

Well, well, well. Two early and effective substitutions from MM. And a great away win. Well done all.

Re: FT: NOTTINGHAM FOREST 1 - 2 CARDIFF CITY.

A very good win.

It looks like dml has crawled out from under his rock too so it's win win. Maybe he was visiting relatives in Sheffield getting the latest info...

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Our midfield looks much stronger with Vaulks in it. He always puts 100% in and actually has some ability as well.
    No. Apart from he puts 100% in. The midfield looked significantly weaker.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I was just saying we should stick with Vaulks for his crossing ability. (Cough)
    Me too (double cough).

Go on Ruben!

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    if forest go down wets try to get Johnson off them, ithink he's got a bright future
    He does look a player.

Good news for Wales too.

60 minutes of mediocrity, 30 minutes of excellence. Now I remember why I’m addicted. Moore with Harris & Colwill either side, Forest couldn’t cope. Great to see the kids getting a chance & taking it. Colwill’s finish was one of a experienced professional or perhaps a youngster playing with no fear.

That game perfectly captured why I have been saying since before the season started that I believe City will make the playoffs. McCarthy's men have to do nothing more than keep lobbing the ball into the box to win points.

City produced just one bit of genuine quality in 90 minutes, but that was enough to take all three points from a desperately weak, powder puff Forest side. Most of the teams in this division this season just aren't set up to cope with an aerial bombardment from the likes of Moore, Flint and Morrison, and they're not strong enough to out-battle them in midfield either. This time around it really is as simple as that.

The quality of the football in the Championship this season is utterly abysmal. I'll be absolutely amazed if a side that is set up like City's can't claim a play-off spot.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    That game perfectly captured why I have been saying since before the season started that I believe City will make the playoffs. McCarthy's men have to do nothing more than keep lobbing the ball into the box to win points.

City produced just one bit of genuine quality in 90 minutes, but that was enough to take all three points from a desperately weak, powder puff Forest side. Most of the teams in this division this season just aren't set up to cope with an aerial bombardment from the likes of Moore, Flint and Morrison, and they're not strong enough to out-battle them in midfield either. This time around it really is as simple as that.

The quality of the football in the Championship this season is utterly abysmal. I'll be absolutely amazed if a side that is set up like City's can't claim a play-off spot.
    we haven't played anyone decent yet. I can't see us holding onto a playoff spot once we've played the better teams.

forest are dreadful

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post

That sums it up in a nutshell.

What an afternoon for Colwill. The adulation he received from the City faithful at the end was merited.

I'd like to give a special mention in dispatches to Aiden Flint - forget about the cut, I'm not being influenced by that... he won nearly everything that came our way (particularly in the second half).