+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: FT: NOTTINGHAM FOREST 1 - 2 CARDIFF CITY.

Re: FT: NOTTINGHAM FOREST 1 - 2 CARDIFF CITY.

Moore makes such a difference to how making how we play effective.

Rubin two great finishes, had to start the next game.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Was that Evans league debut
    I thought so but Sky didn't say.

Vaulks did put in some good crosses 2nd half to be fair.

Including the one for the equaliser.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    You honesty think he's being perceived by opposition managers as a threat?
    I don't, at least not yet.
    He might in the future.
    Harris played well.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Who do you think are the six teams that might prove stronger?
    Fulham, West Bromwich, Stoke, Bournemouth are my top four teams. That leaves another two, of course. Can you honestly say that Cardiff are more likely to secure the 5th or 6th position above the likes of Blackburn, Millwall or Huddersfield?

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Harris played well.
    But he's not at the stage in his game where he's on the radar of opposition managers.

Keiffer Moore is, Colwill is getting there.

Re: NOTTINGHAM FOREST v CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    You have no idea what you are talking about.
    From the bloke that said "Our midfield looks much stronger with Vaulks in it" which is ****ing nonsense. I guess you don't rate MM very highly then. Because that was Vaulk's first start of the season and that was only because Bacuna got injured pre-game.

DID YOU HEAR THAT EVERYONE? DML thinks MM gets his team selections wrong. Tell your friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Vaulks did put in some good crosses 2nd half to be fair.

Including the one for the equaliser.
    He did, but not until the subs were made. Up until then, he was way off. And his reckless tackling makes him a liability.

Fulham, West Bromwich, Stoke, Bournemouth are my top four teams. That leaves another two, of course. Can you honestly say that Cardiff are more likely to secure the 5th or 6th position above the likes of Blackburn, Millwall or Huddersfield?
    Very definitely (in my opinion at least). I believe Fulham and West Brom will walk away with the automatic promotion places. After them, I think the play-off places are there for the taking for Bournemouth, City, Stoke (who I fancied before the season started as a top six dark horse) and QPR. For me, the unknown quantity are Sheffield United, as they may be a force if they can get their act together.

Other than those seven, I really do believe the rest of the division is seriously weak this season.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    DID YOU HEAR THAT EVERYONE? DML thinks MM gets his team selections wrong. Tell your friends.
    In fairness to him, it seems dml1954 hates Bacuna. He's been consistent in stating his dislike of Bacuna and I've no doubt he'd have Vaulks in the team ahead of him.

Vaulks is terrible, though.

Very definitely (in my opinion at least). I believe Fulham and West Brom will walk away with the automatic promotion places. After them, I think the play-off places are there for the taking for Bournemouth, City, Stoke (who I fancied before the season started as a top six dark horse) and QPR. For me, the unknown quantity are Sheffield United, as they may be a force if they can get their act together.

Other than those seven, I really do believe the rest of the division is seriously weak this season.
    That is so true i think we can get into the playoffs

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Was that Evans league debut
    Yes, in fact it was his first appearance for the senior side.

I do agree, the Championship is littered with weak teams. However, there is nothing to suggest that this Cardiff City team should be nailed-on certainties to reach the play-offs (I think it's fair to use that terminology of 'nailed-on', as a parallel to your.. "amazed if they don't reach the play-offs").

That game perfectly captured why I have been saying since before the season started that I believe City will make the playoffs. McCarthy's men have to do nothing more than keep lobbing the ball into the box to win points.

City produced just one bit of genuine quality in 90 minutes, but that was enough to take all three points from a desperately weak, powder puff Forest side. Most of the teams in this division this season just aren't set up to cope with an aerial bombardment from the likes of Moore, Flint and Morrison, and they're not strong enough to out-battle them in midfield either. This time around it really is as simple as that.

The quality of the football in the Championship this season is utterly abysmal. I'll be absolutely amazed if a side that is set up like City's can't claim a play-off spot.
    we haven't played anyone decent yet. I can't see us holding onto a playoff spot once we've played the better teams.

forest are dreadful

In fact, on that first-half showing, against the bottom of the division team, I'd say we were more likely to be fighting the drop, than any hopes of reaching the play-offs.

I do agree, the Championship is littered with weak teams. However, there is nothing to suggest that this Cardiff City team should be nailed-on certainties to reach the play-offs (I think it's fair to use that terminology of 'nailed-on', as a parallel to your.. "amazed if they don't reach the play-offs").
    Fair enough, and I may prove well wide of the mark given the paucity of genuine quality in the squad, but I think they'll claim a play-off spot almost by default given the fact that so many teams at this level are simply unable to cope with defending against City's aerial threat. They'll just have to keep lobbing the ball into the box to claim points on a regular basis as there are so few teams this time around who are good enough will the ball or physically strong enough.

Fair enough, and I may prove well wide of the mark given the paucity of genuine quality in the squad, but I think they'll claim a play-off spot almost by default given the fact that so many teams at this level are simply unable to cope with defending against City's aerial threat. They'll just have to keep lobbing the ball into the box to claim points on a regular basis as there are so few teams this time around who are good enough will the ball or physically strong enough.
    I think we can both agree, it's bloody awful on the eye.

I think we can both agree, it's bloody awful on the eye.
    Dreadful, really dismal, but I expect McCarthy can't believe his luck. He inherited a squad that included Moore, Flint and Morrison, he has Pack and Vaulks to take long throws and he has a cluster of workhorses in midfield who will happily run around all day like chickens with their heads cut off. It's almost perfectly set up for his brand of football (and I use the term loosely). Meanwhile, the bonus for McCarthy is that most of rest of the division is hopelessly weak this season both in terms of physicality and actual ability. While it's grim to watch, it's all set up for Big Mick.

I can see how folk can look at today's game and think oh god this isn't progressive football and we lack top quality , the first half was dreadful, the second half saw a better intensity supplemented with great performances from young Welsh lads, winning crap games is a positive especially away from home , and we could have won even bigger if Moore's header had gone in , and Harris buries his chance , along with us hitting the bar in the first half .

Yes Forest are poor but you still have to win and we did ,after going one down .

Next weeks game will be of intrest .

Wonderful to see so many Welsh lads in our squad 👏

In fairness to him, it seems dml1954 hates Bacuna. He's been consistent in stating his dislike of Bacuna and I've no doubt he'd have Vaulks in the team ahead of him.

Vaulks is terrible, though.
    Oh, that's right, he's not fond of "foreigners" is he?

That game perfectly captured why I have been saying since before the season started that I believe City will make the playoffs. McCarthy's men have to do nothing more than keep lobbing the ball into the box to win points.

City produced just one bit of genuine quality in 90 minutes, but that was enough to take all three points from a desperately weak, powder puff Forest side. Most of the teams in this division this season just aren't set up to cope with an aerial bombardment from the likes of Moore, Flint and Morrison, and they're not strong enough to out-battle them in midfield either. This time around it really is as simple as that.

The quality of the football in the Championship this season is utterly abysmal. I'll be absolutely amazed if a side that is set up like City's can't claim a play-off spot.
    That sums it up in a nutshell.

My first time watching at the actual ground and I enjoyed it today. Atmosphere probably helped because the games I've seen on the TV have all been dire!!

Collins' chance in the first half and Colwill's goal in the second half were both well worked with clever passing and movement. Both moves included Harris.

None of our players are "terrible" simply because they're competitive Championship footballers and you don't get to that level unless there is something about you.

There was also the usual head tennis and sloppy play which means very few of our players are being looked at by Premier League sides.

For a side destined for play-off spot we are, err, not inside the play-offs after six games. Pleasing to come from behind for three points and very happy to see Bowen (even if not planned), Colwill, Harris and Evans join likes of Bagan and Sang being trusted this season - lots of hard work still to do to develop this side and definitely work in progress.

In fact, on that first-half showing, against the bottom of the division team, I'd say we were more likely to be fighting the drop, than any hopes of reaching the play-offs.
    Football lasts 90 minutes, split into two 45 minute halves. Ignoring one halves display and coming to the conclusion that we will be fighting the drop based on the other halves display is a bit daft don't you think ? You could just as easily take the second half and say that based on that we would be a play off team but that would be just as silly, wouldn’t it. I never cease to be amazed about the number of people that come on this board after a win and slag the team and manager off. Just enjoy the win for gods sake. Any win away in this league is a bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    From the bloke that said "Our midfield looks much stronger with Vaulks in it" which is ****ing nonsense. I guess you don't rate MM very highly then. Because that was Vaulk's first start of the season and that was only because Bacuna got injured pre-game.

No it wasn't. Vaulks was already in the team together with Bacuna and it was Bowen that got in when Bacuna dropped out. Get your facts straight.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Football lasts 90 minutes, split into two 45 minute halves. Ignoring one halves display and coming to the conclusion that we will be fighting the drop based on the other halves display is a bit daft don't you think ? You could just as easily take the second half and say that based on that we would be a play off team but that would be just as silly, wouldn’t it. I never cease to be amazed about the number of people that come on this board after a win and slag the team and manager off. Just enjoy the win for gods sake. Any win away in this league is a bonus.
    Quite agree with you. Good post.