As we approach the 20th anniversary of 9/11 what strikes me is that while the emphasis is, justifiably perhaps, remembering those who lost their lives and the impact of the attacks, the collective amnesia in the US is staggering.

We talk of 9/11 and what happened afterwards but few people talk about what happened before. George W Bush is often lorded as some kind of hero for how he dealt with the immediate aftermath of the attacks, but the reality is he is implicit in not taking threats seriously. 34 days before the attacks there was another presidential briefing (one of over 30 over that summer) that indicated that there was an immediate threat to the US and that Bin laden was orchestrating an attack against the US, probably in New York and using hijacked planes. In August when GWB was told about these imminent attacks, he told the security personnel "Ok, you have covered your asses"... and did NOTHING.

We all know what happened afterwards... the invasion of Iraq and Afghanistan were used to progress the Military Industrial Complex - but one HAS to wonder why Bush did nothing when told that attacks were not just likely, but highly probably. I am not blaming him for the attacks or convinced he could have stopped them.... but did he do EVERYTHING to try and prevent them? They even had names! No he did not.

So I find it hard to swallow when GWB attends memorials for 9/11 like he is tomorrow for those who lost their lives on 93.

As an aside... Obama is visiting memorial sites and Biden is visiting each site. What is Trump doing? Being paid shed loads of money to commentate on the Holyfield-Belfort boxing match. **** sake, what a swampy piece of crap. But again this was the guy who commented after 9/11 that he now has the 'tallest buildings' in NYC.