+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: "I don't think it's the way to do business".

"I don't think it's the way to do business".

Mick McCarthy on Wolves' bid for Keiffer Moore on deadline day.-

https://www.molineux.news/transfer-n...suit-of-moore/

Re: "I don't think it's the way to do business".

There bid was one that smacked of a club not wanting to risk too much money on an untried striker in the Premiership and I should imagine other bids before the last day had been suggested to the City .

Wolves were probably hoping the City would say ooooo some millions we need it lets grab it , or hoping Kieffer would say I want to go boss ( perhaps he did ? ) they just deployed a well rehearsed tactic where a big club hopes the selling club are desperate to sell .

What I'd like to know is the state of Kieffer's mind, it will be interesting to see his response ???

If he cracks in ten goals between now and January he maybe well be gone for 20 million in January .

If I was Mick and knowing the lad may want a move to the Premiership Id say " grab them goals for us and his your self son ".

Still think he is way off being a Premiership striker however I think he would be be a hit in Scotland with Celtic ,like Hartson was ?

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    There bid was one that smacked of a club not wanting to risk too much money on an untried striker in the Premiership and I should imagine other bids before the last day had been suggested to the City .

Wolves were probably hoping the City would say ooooo some millions we need it lets grab it , or hoping Kieffer would say I want to go boss ( perhaps he did ? ) they just deployed a well rehearsed tactic where a big club hopes the selling club are desperate to sell .

What I'd like to know is the state of Kieffer's mind, it will be interesting to see his response ???

If he cracks in ten goals between now and January he maybe well be gone for 20 million in January .

If I was Mick and knowing the lad may want a move to the Premiership Id say " grab them goals for us and his your self son ".

Still think he is way off being a Premiership striker however I think he would be be a hit in Scotland with Celtic ,like Hartson was ?
    Scotland is a step down

I tend to agree - they were trying to push City into accepting less than Moore is worth.
    I have this feeling that things aren't so good there at the moment.
    Not relegation material, but to me, the gloss has started to fade a bit since Espirito Santo left.

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    I tend to agree - they were trying to push City into accepting less than Moore is worth.
    I have this feeling that things aren't so good there at the moment.
    Not relegation material, but to me, the gloss has started to fade a bit since Espirito Santo left.
    I know what you mean, but Wolves’ stats this season are ridiculous- I know they’d had the most goal attempts in the Premier League after two matches and they had plenty more against Man United in their third game, yet they’re still awaiting their first goal.