Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
Phil Collins has become the epitome of uncool, he doesn’t come over as that likeable to me and to cap it all, he’s a Tory. However, he also made a superb, memorable and, possibly, unique record forty years ago. I can remember the first time I heard In the Air Tonight as if it was yesterday, it was in the Rummer Tavern and someone played it on the juke box, I put 50 p in it straight away and played it ten times.

However, I’ve never listened to or watched up it before and got the reaction I did when I watched this video just now - talk about not knowing whether to laugh or cry! All I can say is that I’m in a much better mood now than I was before I played it.

I dare say quite a few of you will have seen this already, but, for those who haven’t, I heartily recommend it, there’s some great comments as well.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=0l3-iufiywU&feature=share
Yes there's something infectious about seeing someone enjoying something for the first time in this way. It's so pure.

I think the appeal of these has a lot more to do with the natural charisma of the reviewers than whether the song they're reviewing is one you particularly like. Their "rolling in the deep" and "Jolene" listens are just as much fun to watch and I'm pretty unlikely to listen to any of those songs.

My favourite of the genre is the RATM listen I posted in another thread recently.