+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: First half/second half

First half/second half

First half record:

Ranked 22nd. W 0 D 4 L 2 F 0 A 2.

Second half record:

Ranked 2nd. W 3 D 3 L 0 F 11 A 5.

Very much Jekyll and Hyde. Only Blackpool join us as having not scored a first half league goal so far this season, yet nobody has scored more second half goals than us.

Re: First half/second half

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    First half record:

Ranked 22nd. W 0 D 4 L 2 F 0 A 2.

Second half record:

Ranked 2nd. W 3 D 3 L 0 F 11 A 5.

Very much Jekyll and Hyde. Only Blackpool join us as having not scored a first half league goal so far this season, yet nobody has scored more second half goals than us.
    Strange, yet I feel as though i'm always crying out for McCarthy to make changes earlier than he does.

These are small sample sizes though, so you'd expect some oddities in the data without there necessarily being anything to be causing it.

Re: First half/second half

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Strange, yet I feel as though i'm always crying out for McCarthy to make changes earlier than he does.

These are small sample sizes though, so you'd expect some oddities in the data without there necessarily being anything to be causing it.
    Of course.

I will add, though, that the best first half teams are Fulham, West Brom, Birmingham and Bournemouth. That makes up 4 of the top 7. Those teams are, so far, seemingly able to win games in the first half and can take their foot off the gas in the second. Our approach is more about keeping things tight and wearing down our opponents. The last time we had a season where our first half results were better than our second half results was our promotion season of 2017/18. Since then, we've been more of a second half side, significantly so in 2019/20 after relegation.