+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rubin Colwill

Rubin Colwill

I loved his MOTM interview today he was beaming with pride and happiness. his second goal was superb.

Re: Rubin Colwell

Great goal all round including Moores assist and Harris’s run to take the centre half away. Makes the claims that we are totally unable to play good football look rather silly. The cross for the first Colwill goal from Vaulks was superb as well

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Great goal all round including Moores assist and Harris’s run to take the centre half away. Makes the claims that we are totally unable to play good football look rather silly. The cross for the first Colwill goal from Vaulks was superb as well
    Saying the playstyle is shite ≠ saying the players can't play good football

Have a day off, must be tired trying to start arguments on here all the time.

Re: Rubin Colwill

Hopefully he will be our next robert earnshaw

looked a special talent today and took his goals really well.

Brilliant goals, hope he starts the next game now while confidence us up.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    Brilliant goals, hope he starts the next game now while confidence us up.
    His confidence must be through the roof. Trip to the Euros, starts for us, starts for Wales, now 2 goals as a sub. He must be flying.

So many Welsh participants, yey

Rubens brother has just started out on the same path signing his scholarship back in June
    Year one in the Academy
    Good luck to both of them
    ⚽️⚽️

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    So many Welsh participants, yey
    remarkable really, it wasn't long ago we didn't have any Welsh players in the team.
    I make it 6 Welsh players played a part today
    6 English and 2 Irish (as I think Bagan has switched to Ireland hasn't he?)

I'm very pleased for Colwill. Last week people were knocking him for his performance for Wales. Despite Colwill's goals the real game changer for me was Keiffer Moore. He was a class apart from anyone else on the field. The match also exposed Collins weaknesses. Slow and immobile and offered no threat to the Forest defence.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    I'm very pleased for Colwill. Last week people were knocking him for his performance for Wales. Despite Colwill's goals the real game changer for me was Keiffer Moore. He was a class apart from anyone else on the field. The match also exposed Collins weaknesses. Slow and immobile and offered no threat to the Forest defence.
    Agreed about Collins. I have a suspicion that he might make Madine look prolific.

I think most fans hold a more nuanced view than that.

We are a poor footballing side, that is not to say we are useless or ineffective.

These were the first goals we scored which weren't headers - the other one, before Sunday, was an own goal.

The second goal was real quality, the passing, the flick by Moore, the run by Harris and the dribble and finish by Colwill. Long may that kind of thing continue.

However, one feels that unless we start more games with an attacking intent and more attacking players on the pitch (surely Moore, Giles, Colwill have to start), that we will be not be able to compete at the top of the table.

I'm made up for the lad but I still can't pin him down to one position.

Quote Originally Posted by AfricanBluebird View Post
    I think most fans hold a more nuanced view than that.

We are a poor footballing side, that is not to say we are useless or ineffective.

These were the first goals we scored which weren't headers - the other one, before Sunday, was an own goal.

The second goal was real quality, the passing, the flick by Moore, the run by Harris and the dribble and finish by Colwill. Long may that kind of thing continue.

However, one feels that unless we start more games with an attacking intent and more attacking players on the pitch (surely Moore, Giles, Colwill have to start), that we will be not be able to compete at the top of the table.
    Giles only didn't start because he was ill and Moore was on the bench because he had missed the last 10 days training due to Covid scare. I believe that the team that finished the match on Sunday is our strongest, apart from Giles in for Evans. Don't see how you can say we are a poor footballing side, the evidence from the second half on Sunday proves the opposite, provided the right players are available.

Quote Originally Posted by Llandaff Blue View Post
    Saying the playstyle is shite ≠ saying the players can't play good football

Have a day off, must be tired trying to start arguments on here all the time.
    I was stating a fact not trying to start an argument.

Don't see how you can say we are a poor footballing side, the evidence from the second half on Sunday proves the opposite, provided the right players are available.
    What evidence from the second half proves we are a good footballing side? We scored a cracking second goal, but I can't say that is conclusive evidence. If anything, it was being able to bombard them with aerial stuff that gave us the upper hand, not playing good football, unless you equate aerial bombardment as good football, which I don't.

It works for us at the moment. When better players develop we can change hopefully. There is more than one way of winning football games.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    It works for us at the moment. When better players develop we can change hopefully. There is more than one way of winning football games.
    Exactly this^^

I enjoyed yesterday's game much more than those I've watched when were were at the CCS and don't go along with some peoples' beliefs that it was all about aerial bombardment.
    Yes we did play to our strengths utilising our big players but we played some good stuff on the ground too.

The scoreline flattered the hosts and had Keiffer been fit enough to start the game, the victory would likely have been more than the odd goal.

I was particularly pleased for Harris and Colwill especially, who I have no doubt benefitted from their experience with the Welsh squad.
    Mick may (or may not) have had his hand forced with the team he picked but the heartening thing for me is the way we went about our business.
    Our defence again looked a bit ropey at times and may have been punished against better teams but most seemed to know what was expected of each other.

I deliberately stayed away from the match thread yesterday as some posters' comments before, during and after the game yesterday were laughable You'd think we'd had a host of talented playmakers at our disposal.

None of us really know what is going on behind the scenes and how much say MM has regarding players incoming and outgoing but, even though our current style of football isn't to everybody's taste, Mick is getting results with a mixture of experience and youth.
    That has got to be a reason to have a bit of patience and keep getting behind the team.

Edit:
    Also, shout outs to Pack and Vaulks.
    Wish the latter would channel his aggression a bit more.
    Hopefully he will when he's up to match fitness.

I was stating a fact not trying to start an argument.
    That you don't understand the difference between opinions and facts explains a lot.

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    What evidence from the second half proves we are a good footballing side? We scored a cracking second goal, but I can't say that is conclusive evidence. If anything, it was being able to bombard them with aerial stuff that gave us the upper hand, not playing good football, unless you equate aerial bombardment as good football, which I don't.
    did you not see Bagan up and down that left flank getting behind them?

Giles only didn't start because he was ill and Moore was on the bench because he had missed the last 10 days training due to Covid scare. I believe that the team that finished the match on Sunday is our strongest, apart from Giles in for Evans. Don't see how you can say we are a poor footballing side, the evidence from the second half on Sunday proves the opposite, provided the right players are available.
    I can say we are not a good footballing side very easily because the stats back it up... Lowest successful pass rate in the league, lowest movement and lowest dribbling. While that doesn't mean we can't play decent football at times or go on runs... it will limit us over the course of the season competing against better sides and also it isn't attractive so unlikely to attract new fans or walk in fans.

I'm not a footballing snob, I've supported city when we were terrible, marginally avoiding dropping out of the leagues. I have no issues with lumping the ball forward to get goals. But it's is pretty limited in sustaining success or attracting players and fans.

However, the introduction of the youngsters should hopefully help us transition to a more sustainable playing style.

I notice our ball retention was much better in the second half yesterday, it's no surprise that coincides with the youngsters being on

Quote Originally Posted by Feedback View Post
    did you not see Bagan up and down that left flank getting behind them?
    yeah good to see Bagan getting forward more in recent games. his average touch position is usually well into the opposition half which is just what you want in this system.
    the first few games the opposing sides tried to attack that flank a fair bit, but the last couple of teams haven't focussed their attacks there - in fact it seems like the channel between rcb and rwb is where we are currently most vulnerable

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    yeah good to see Bagan getting forward more in recent games. his average touch position is usually well into the opposition half which is just what you want in this system.
    the first few games the opposing sides tried to attack that flank a fair bit, but the last couple of teams haven't focussed their attacks there - in fact it seems like the channel between rcb and rwb is where we are currently most vulnerable
    Where we have a not very mobile CB playing on the right ie Morrison. I’d much rather Nelson there tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Fine Lines View Post
    Where we have a not very mobile CB playing on the right ie Morrison. I’d much rather Nelson there tbh.
    Yes we have a bit of a quandry with Flint playing so well in the centre, and morrison our captain and best defender not doing so well in RCB.

Perhaps it is time to give McGuiness a run of games at RCB and then Flint and Morrison can alternate for the middle defender role?