+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Rubin Colwill

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Rubin Colwill

Quote Originally Posted by Fine Lines View Post
    Where we have a not very mobile CB playing on the right ie Morrison. I’d much rather Nelson there tbh.
    Yes we have a bit of a quandry with Flint playing so well in the centre, and morrison our captain and best defender not doing so well in RCB.

Perhaps it is time to give McGuiness a run of games at RCB and then Flint and Morrison can alternate for the middle defender role?

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Yes we have a bit of a quandry with Flint playing so well in the centre, and morrison our captain and best defender not doing so well in RCB.

Perhaps it is time to give McGuiness a run of games at RCB and then Flint and Morrison can alternate for the middle defender role?
    I recall Crewe fans saying they though Ng would eventually become a centre back, that could be worth trying. I think Bagan also played there at some point?

I was quite pleased when we put Pack at centre back against Birmingham last season. He's important to our midfield right now but he could well move back there at some point, it would really help us bringing the ball out from the back which is currently fairly poor. I'm not advocating what some here call "tippy tappy football" but it's important to have players comfortable on the ball and in possession all over the pitch.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    I recall Crewe fans saying they though Ng would eventually become a centre back, that could be worth trying. I think Bagan also played there at some point?

I was quite pleased when we put Pack at centre back against Birmingham last season. He's important to our midfield right now but he could well move back there at some point, it would really help us bringing the ball out from the back which is currently fairly poor. I'm not advocating what some here call "tippy tappy football" but it's important to have players comfortable on the ball and in possession all over the pitch.
    Morrison has to play, it's doesn't suit him but he's our best centre back. Ng and Sang have both struggled (to say the least) this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Morrison has to play, it's doesn't suit him but he's our best centre back. Ng and Sang have both struggled (to say the least) this season.
    Ng has not kicked on as I'd expect him to have done.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Ng has not kicked on as I'd expect him to have done.
    He's not been bad, I'd like to see him get forward a bit more, as he has a decent cross.