Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
It works for us at the moment. When better players develop we can change hopefully. There is more than one way of winning football games.
Exactly this^^

I enjoyed yesterday's game much more than those I've watched when were were at the CCS and don't go along with some peoples' beliefs that it was all about aerial bombardment.
Yes we did play to our strengths utilising our big players but we played some good stuff on the ground too.

The scoreline flattered the hosts and had Keiffer been fit enough to start the game, the victory would likely have been more than the odd goal.

I was particularly pleased for Harris and Colwill especially, who I have no doubt benefitted from their experience with the Welsh squad.
Mick may (or may not) have had his hand forced with the team he picked but the heartening thing for me is the way we went about our business.
Our defence again looked a bit ropey at times and may have been punished against better teams but most seemed to know what was expected of each other.

I deliberately stayed away from the match thread yesterday as some posters' comments before, during and after the game yesterday were laughable You'd think we'd had a host of talented playmakers at our disposal.

None of us really know what is going on behind the scenes and how much say MM has regarding players incoming and outgoing but, even though our current style of football isn't to everybody's taste, Mick is getting results with a mixture of experience and youth.
That has got to be a reason to have a bit of patience and keep getting behind the team.

Edit:
Also, shout outs to Pack and Vaulks.
Wish the latter would channel his aggression a bit more.
Hopefully he will when he's up to match fitness.