+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Colwill comes of age as youth influence grows at Cardiff City.

Colwill comes of age as youth influence grows at Cardiff City.

Pressure ramped up on Forest's Chris Hughton by City comeback.

http://mauveandyellowarmy.net/

Re: Colwill comes of age as youth influence grows at Cardiff City.

Thanks Bob.....Although Rubin Colwill grabbed all the headlines (rightly so) i was well impressed with Marlon Pack's performance yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post
    Thanks Bob.....Although Rubin Colwill grabbed all the headlines (rightly so) i was well impressed with Marlon Pack's performance yesterday.
    Same here, I think he’s playing really well this season.

I agree
    That tackle tracking back snuffing out the Forest attack was world class 😀

Tough circumstances for Bowen to make his league debut, but there were a few encouraging signs. Twice he made excellent runs beyond Collins & Harris which were unfortunately ignored by his teammates, his passing stats were also very good and he didn't look out of place

I agree on Pack, started the season very well and adds some skill to our midfield. Forest's goal did expose our lack of pace at centre back which is an issue for us. Although he's started well at left back, perhaps Bagan could be moved into the three centre of defence to help mitigate this (I believe he's played as a centre back in the past?) which would allow us to play Giles in his actual position and should allow for more crossing opportunities with his left foot

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Tough circumstances for Bowen to make his league debut, but there were a few encouraging signs. Twice he made excellent runs beyond Collins & Harris which were unfortunately ignored by his teammates, his passing stats were also very good and he didn't look out of place

I agree on Pack, started the season very well and adds some skill to our midfield. Forest's goal did expose our lack of pace at centre back which is an issue for us. Although he's started well at left back, perhaps Bagan could be moved into the three centre of defence to help mitigate this (I believe he's played as a centre back in the past?) which would allow us to play Giles in his actual position and should allow for more crossing opportunities with his left foot
    Yes, when Bagan first arrived from Southampton, he played a lot at centreback and I still think there's a chance that's where he will end up, but McGuiness would appear to be the one to slot into the back three in the unlikely event of Mick McCarthy wanting to make a change there.

Im sure Ng could slot in there as well. I think its safe to say Mick wont sacrifice the height advantage though and the only chance of seeing one of them there is an injury crisis.

Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post
    That tackle in the second half yesterday was brilliant , he is a good Championship midfield player .

MM has done a sterling job with him , Flint , the keeper, and all the young Welsh lads , nice one Mick / Terry

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post

I agree on Bowen, don’t think it was a bad performance at all. Always wanted to be involved