+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Swansea - At risk?

Swansea - At risk?

https://footystats.org/england/championship/xg

Who Has The Worst xG?
    Currently, Swansea City AFC has the worst xG (Expected Goals For) in the Championship with 0.49 xG per game.

Who would have guessed selling your 2 strikers would have had an impact

Re: Swansea - At risk?

they have the fewest shots, by some distance.
    still a bit early to draw too many conclusions yet.

Well if you you listen to and believe what that lot say, they would rather see free flowing football than be successful.

So I'm sure they are enjoying beating teams on possession and passes rather than scoring goals

All fur coat and no knickers

Early days but it's almost a brand new team with so many leaving and so many (especially loanees) coming in.
    There could be trouble ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by Hometown Unicorn! View Post
    Well if you you listen to and believe what that lot say, they would rather see free flowing football than be successful.

So I'm sure they are enjoying beating teams on possession and passes rather than scoring goals
    We play quite shit football and aren't successful either. I don't see.yout point, other than making a terrible sarcastic comment for the sake of it.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    We play quite shit football and aren't successful either. I don't see.yout point, other than making a terrible sarcastic comment for the sake of it.
    You are completely right, it was a sarcastic comment for the sake of it....and I enjoyed it thoroughly.

3rd best possession stats in Europe, still finished 13th (off the top of my head). Possession is pointless unless you do something with it. I think he's in risk of being sacked by Christmas.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/theathl...-europe/%3Famp

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    3rd best possession stats in Europe, still finished 13th (off the top of my head). Possession is pointless unless you do something with it. I think he's in risk of being sacked by Christmas.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/theathl...-europe/%3Famp
    The million passes around the back etc is boring to watch, but I'd rather have the ball than get tired chasing it. That's maybe a factor in the thinking as well...

They looked decent when they went direct at Bristol City and won however they appear happier when they don't win but keep the ball - strange bunch - they bang on about 'pivots' 'triangles' like its something unique to them - its not but they don't have Iniesta and Xavi playing for them so its not as effective as the final ball is not as quick or accurate. A lot of it depends on the cut backs from the by line and that Laird lad from Man Utd looks like he'll be good at that

I don't know much of their squad anymore - the quality they had last year should have seen them up - I think the injury to Morgan Gibbs White was a fatal blow to them thankfully.

I wouldn't write them off by a long way yet. There is still a lot of quality in that squad with Grimes and Laird in particular

Not sure about their keeper, centre halves and especially their strikers though but I expect them to be comfortably top 10 though not top 6

Though I hope I'm wrong and they go down

Swansea Caravan owners - At risk : of second home taxes says Drakeford allegedly at an impromptu news conferences from his tent in the lawns of his mansion , " I don't want Wales t become a caravan park " he was alleged to be very red faced ,shouting at one poor West Walian reporter , as he pepped through the flaps of his tent , dressed just in yellow daffodil wellies and a brightly coloured wugger Onesie.

I hope they go down as well. **** 'em. The majority of you didn't bear the brunt of their arrogance in their Premier League seasons as us Neath, Port Talbot and some of the Bridgend boys did, particularly during our Slade and Trollope seasons.

The only thing I'm not so keen on though is non-football staff losing their jobs as a lot of them, as in all football clubs not necessarily Swansea or football in general - they just want to pay their rent/mortgage like everyone else.

You are completely right, it was a sarcastic comment for the sake of it....and I enjoyed it thoroughly.
    Lol 😆

Aye , suck it up Swansea