+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: FT: COVENTRY CITY 1 - 0 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Re: FT: COVENTRY CITY 1 - 0 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Danny Gabbidon is right - what do Cardiff City do if teams handle our physicality and aerial prowess? What is our plan B?
    We haven't got one. Funnily enough neither have our last three managers.

Route one physicality and playing for territory, set pieces and throw ins. Repeat, even when it is clearly not working. That has been the case under Warnock, Harris and McCarthy.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Having watched that nonsense...City weren't even better than Coventry at jumping in the air.
    Succinctly put!

DML’s quiet tonight… 🤔

Quote Originally Posted by The Hooded Claw View Post
    DML’s quiet tonight… 🤔
    He'll probably congratulate the team for only conceding one and being unlucky not to nick a draw.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Time to **** the back 3 off. Or put some lads in there that can get the ball into midfield.
    Maybe Pack instead of any one of the three.
    But then we have the choice of Vaulks, Bacuna and Ralls.

It’s grim!

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post
    But then we have the choice of Vaulks, Bacuna and Ralls.

It’s grim!
    Aren't they under instruction from McCarthy? Wouldn't make any difference if Pack was in there.

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post
    Nelson was especially poor this evening.

Bloody crap.

No tactics
    No composure

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Nelson was especially poor this evening.
    He can't play.

I thought Pack did ok first half, NG was a threat on a few occasions, lovely cross for Collins’ debacle, Phillips didn’t have a lot to do, very good save with his feet late on though. The rest, dear me, Morrison looked like he had lead weights in his boots. Flint wins his fair share of tackles, comes away with the ball, then aims for a ball boy or a steward. Nelson, well, Nelson was just there. Poor, poor performance.

Coventry are a decent side, we are a mid table team, with a few inexperienced youngsters who are going to be inconsistent as they gain experience. Surely nobody is surprised by this result.

The more I see some of the kids the more I think they are being picked out of necessity due to cost cutting than any well thought out plan.

Tan has said he isn't spending any money, that Mick has to play the kids and Mick is doing that in the only system he knows how. Hoofball.
    It will wreck quite a few of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Coventry are a decent side, we are a mid table team, with a few inexperienced youngsters who are going to be inconsistent as they gain experience. Surely nobody is surprised by this result.
    That doesn't excuse the tactics we play.

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    The more I see some of the kids the more I think they are being picked out of necessity due to cost cutting than any well thought out plan.

Tan has said he isn't spending any money, that Mick has to play the kids and Mick is doing that in the only system he knows how. Hoofball.
    It will wreck quite a few of them.
    Of course we are cost cutting. If we still had parachute payments there's no way we'd be playing this many kids. But we don't, as so here we are.

Aren't they under instruction from McCarthy? Wouldn't make any difference if Pack was in there.
    Im not sure if you are referencing the point that I made about Bagan’s positioning, but having a player who can be somewhat composed and pass the ball will surely help with his options at the least.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    I thought Pack did ok first half, NG was a threat on a few occasions, lovely cross for Collins’ debacle, Phillips didn’t have a lot to do, very good save with his feet late on though. The rest, dear me, Morrison looked like he had lead weights in his boots. Flint wins his fair share of tackles, comes away with the ball, then aims for a ball boy or a steward. Nelson, well, Nelson was just there. Poor, poor performance.
    I think Pack is alright, this is Pack 'Mick style' he's still pretty ineffective for the best part, although under Mick, he's become a little more physical, at the front when there's any nonsense, leaves a foot in now and again and he's started doing a 'Hard Face' after he gobs. For those reasons, our fans will love him now. Player of the year.

Not the result, the performance. This was vintage shit.

Of course we are cost cutting. If we still had parachute payments there's no way we'd be playing this many kids. But we don't, as so here we are.
    Aren't we just.

With the third route one manager on the bounce picked by the fun boy three brains trust running the show. It is quite an achievement.

Has any club in history managed to pick three successive managers that play more direct and so little football? I can't think of one.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hooded Claw View Post
    DML’s quiet tonight… 🤔
    Leave it, he's just settled down for supper with his great Auntie in Coventry.

Just for argument's sake, what sort of football do the youngsters play at development level and is it similar to the game we play under McCarthy?

Just for argument's sake, what sort of football do the youngsters play at development level and is it similar to the game we play under McCarthy?
    In recent seasons we've played a very good style of football to watch from what Ive seen.

In recent seasons we've played a very good style of football to watch from what Ive seen.
    I'm of a similar opinion. So we get youngsters who look good on the ball at development level, then play a totally different type of game for them to have to adjust to when they get to the first team. There's no consistency.

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    So hoofball has never worked for us in the Premier League and it seems to have stopped working for us in this league. Many though still insist it is the only way we can play or can only make very incremental changes towards changing our style.

How we are 9th I'll never know.
    That wasn’t even hoofball it was tactically devoid of any plan

Re: COVENTRY CITY v CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    The game could have continued for another 90 minutes and we would not have scored.
    Moore seems completely off this season
    Moore looked completely disinterested this evening.

Re: COVENTRY CITY v CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    Moore looked completely disinterested this evening.
    Don’t blame him but doesn’t help the cause