+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Share Dealings - Anyone competent?

Share Dealings - Anyone competent?

The Company has recently announced a Rights Issue and the terms are 31 for every 47 Ordinary held at 410p per share.

Under the terms of the offer, as you purchased the shares prior to the ex-rights date you will receive 21 Nil Paid shares. You may then make one of the following elections:

1. Accept the offer, thereby exchanging your Nil Paid shares at a total cost of £86.10 for 21 New Ordinary shares.
    2. Sell your Nil Paid shares (through our dealers on the usual telephone dealing line).
    3. Take no action - in this case your right to exchange your Nil Paid shares will lapse and the Nil Paid holdings will be removed from your account. Any proceeds which may be payable on these lapsed rights will be credited to your account.
    I don't particularly understand what's happened here - or why

Feedback

Re: Share Dealings - Anyone competent?

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    I don't particularly understand what's happened here - or why
    the company is issuing new shares and you are entitled to a proportion of those shares. You can either:

1. keep the new shares;
    2. sell them on the open market; or
    3. sell them for a fixed price

Think I've got it just buying shares in a struggling company at a discounted rate

Quote Originally Posted by Feedback View Post
    the company is issuing new shares and you are entitled to a proportion of those shares. You can either:

1. keep the new shares;
    2. sell them on the open market; or
    3. sell them for a fixed price
    Thanks pretty much all I needed

It's only a small holding in Easyjet that's plummeted by 60% since buying.

if you afford it keep them , if someone wants to buy them they see future value and profit in them .

Bit of the subject matter I remember someone trying to buy my endowment mortgage and wondered why ?? so I chatted with a clever financial advisor mate who said turn the mortgage into full payment , keep the endowment going as it still offered death cover he said it will pay out something and it did , not the full mortgage value but 75% of it so a good savings plan in he end .

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Thanks pretty much all I needed

It's only a small holding in Easyjet that's plummeted by 60% since buying.
    when did you buy ? ? ?

all airlines and cruises have tanked since covid, they are slowly recovering, but not even close to pre C19 days, Ive got on a few cruise companies and airlines at the very low point, when life / travel returns they must be a decent shout to recover, shame I didn't get Disney shares during the start of lockdown down to $100, now sat at around $190, I looked at them and bottled it

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    if you afford it keep them , if someone wants to buy them they see future value and profit in them .

Bit of the subject matter I remember someone trying to buy my endowment mortgage and wondered why ?? so I chatted with a clever financial advisor mate who said turn the mortgage into full payment , keep the endowment going as it still offered death cover he said it will pay out something and it did , not the full mortgage value but 75% of it so a good savings plan in he end .
    If they've dropped 60% they're a long way off making a profit. They'd need to go up 150% just to be back at the purchase price.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    If they've dropped 60% they're a long way off making a profit. They'd need to go up 150% just to be back at the purchase price.
    It didn't pay off any of the mortgage we converted and paid that via a 100% mortgage payments as we didn't want to rely in endowment , we kept paying the endowment as it was fixed and low in payment simply used it as a savings/ life insurance plan, It worked out it delivered a decent savings intrest rate in the end , over the 20 years , not a fortune but happy with that .

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    It didn't pay off any of the mortgage we converted and paid that via a 100% mortgage payments as we didn't want to rely in endowment , we kept paying the endowment as it was fixed and low in payment simply used it as a savings/ life insurance plan, It worked out it delivered a decent savings intrest rate in the end , over the 20 years , not a fortune but happy with that .
    I'm talking about his easy jet shares.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    I'm talking about his easy jet shares.
    Ooops lol

Banned

I bought about £300 in Thomas Cook shares about 5 years ago.
    I can remember thinking at the time "they'll never go bust"

The rest is history