+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: In a final farewell from Caerdydd

In a final farewell from Caerdydd

I have received this morning a Penalty Charge Notice for entering and stopping in a box junction in “Eastern Bay Link Road, Splott.”

No idea where that it is but I’m obviously bang to rights.

A lovely final gesture from Cardiff to me.

See you all at Ashton Gate.

Re: In a final farewell from Caerdydd

Quote Originally Posted by Jursset_BrisCity View Post
    I have received this morning a Penalty Charge Notice for entering and stopping in a box junction in “Eastern Bay Link Road, Splott.”

I just got notification of a £100 fee (reduced to £60 if paid within 28 days) for spending 2 hours and 40 minutes in a motorway services area on my way back from the Peterborough away game. Expensive snooze. It would haved been cheaper to stay in an hotel!

Motor fines must be the leading industry in the uk.

Isn't there a 14 day window to issue the notice? If so aren't they out of time?

Penalty charge - no idea.
    But a pelanty charge - I know what they are.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Isn't there a 14 day window to issue the notice? If so aren't they out of time?
    I can't find anything about the 14 day window but if anyone esle can I would be grateful.

I parked my car on the west side at 4:25pm yesterday to grab a bite and watch the end of the Everton game. When I left at 5pm I saw it being towed. Got a $60 Uber to the Brooklyn Navy Yard, overtaking my car on the Manhattan bridge, waited for it show up, paid a $185 fine got it back after a 40-minute wait. It was then that I noticed the $115 ticket that was given out at 4:51pm. Towed after 9 ****ing minutes. Bullshit!

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    I just got notification of a £100 fee (reduced to £60 if paid within 28 days) for spending 2 hours and 40 minutes in a motorway services area on my way back from the Peterborough away game. Expensive snooze. It would haved been cheaper to stay in an hotel!
    I assume that the PCN is from a company like Parking Eye.

If so follow the process and appeal. Your appeal should state something like the contract for parking is between Parking Eye and the driver. You are the registered owner but was not the driver on that day. You could also add that if they want you to check your records it will cost £100 reduced to £60 if paid within 14days. There was also no material loss for the Service Station for you overstaying by 40 mins.

They'll likely withdraw the PCN but if not then request a POPLA reference number and go through their appeals process. You'll find templates to use on pepipoo forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    I can't find anything about the 14 day window but if anyone esle can I would be grateful.
    The legal timeline for issue is normally backed by statute so police or LA issued. Yours will be from a private parking company.

Can I recommend this Company :https://www.appealaparkingticket.co.uk/

They did a 1st class job concerning a parking eye type of ticket I received in March relating to an incident 5 years previously. Cost me £40 and within 24hrs had a letter in the post saying the [£360] bill had been cancelled.

I should add this had reached the Court stage, so it was critical they got it right !

Absolute contempt being shown to motorists from many local councils at the moment. Will get worse too as many more parking spaces are removed. It's a serious stress for many people and often very unfair

We must be leading the world in this new revenue grabbing industry ( taxing by the back door ) your politicians are gladly exploiting the poor and rich , I do feel sorry for those on tight budget strings these fines would hurt .

No speeding fines since 2006, then 2 in a week, £9 for speeding in the roadworks Berlin Autobahn, the £95 for speeding in the roadworks around Antwerp. Bit imbalanced!

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    No speeding fines since 2006, then 2 in a week, £9 for speeding in the roadworks Berlin Autobahn, the £95 for speeding in the roadworks around Antwerp. Bit imbalanced!
    £9 was probably for going too slow on the autobahn.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    £9 was probably for going too slow on the autobahn.
    56kmh in a 50kmh road zone charged 49zl in Polish

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    56kmh in a 50kmh road zone charged 49zl in Polish
    As a matter of interest, where in Poland are you, DP?

These are a nightmare at the moment in Cardiff, everyone beware. I've just had a £70 fine for the back of my van being on the end of the box at the Kitchener Road/Leckwith Road junction - heading toward the stadium.

I was aware of the traffic build up but a pedestrian decided to cross causing the car in front to stop prematurely, then a motor bike skipped around me (he can be seen doing it on the two still photos) and squeezed in front meaning I was trapped when the lights changed. Easy money, but I may try to appeal it.

A car parked near us has "DO NOT PARK HERE" scratched with a key I guess right across its bonnet, I assume by an angry neighbour. Extreme.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    A car parked near us has "DO NOT PARK HERE" scratched with a key I guess right across its bonnet, I assume by an angry neighbour. Extreme.
    The counterpoint to that is I remember someone posting on here that they left their car parked near the ground overnight and when they went back to get it the next day someone had replaced a missing windscreen wiper for them.