Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Reshuffle Gavin Williamson sacked for a start

What a surprise(not)

Re: Reshuffle Gavin Williamson sacked for a start

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    What a surprise(not)
    Apparently Boris is in his private office in the Commons

If you are called in there you are about to be demoted or sacked.

According to the BBC, Dominic Raab and Robert Buckland ( the Justice Secretary) are due to go in with Dominic Raab to e offered the job of Justice Secretary (bit of a come down)

Buckland now tweeting that he has gone ( Has actually said it has been an honour to serve etc etc)

Williamson always seemed well out of his depth and a reminded me of my children when I ask them if they want an ice cream.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    Williamson always seemed well out of his depth and a reminded me of my children when I ask them if they want an ice cream.
    Yes he never seemed comfortable.

neither did Robert Jenrick the Housing Minister and guess whatt

He has gone as well!!

If Raab goes as well, it won't be quite as bad as Macmillans night of the long knives (he sacked 7) but still pretty substantial

Yes he never seemed comfortable.

neither did Robert Jenrick the Housing Minister and guess whatt

He has gone as well!!

If Raab goes as well, it won't be quite as bad as Macmillans night of the long knives (he sacked 7) but still pretty substantial
    Boris had got balls (not Ed's ) pity Sir Kier has cleared out a few more especially Angela who was going then she got a bigger portfolio ?

What will the Gove monster get head of dancing ?

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Boris had got balls (not Ed's ) pity Sir Kier has cleared out a few more especially Angela who was going then she got a bigger portfolio ?

What will the Gove monster get head of dancing ?
    He hides in a fridge, he hides in a fridge, Boris Johnson, he hides in a fridge;-

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    He hides in a fridge, he hides in a fridge, Boris Johnson, he hides in a fridge;-

Trouble is Bob, Labour made fun of Boris and his hiding in a fridge

But who had the last laugh on Election Day?????

The whole lot need sacking. And that big lump of lard with the scruffy peroxide hair should be the first to go.

Quote Originally Posted by ninian opinian View Post
    The whole lot need sacking. And that big lump of lard with the scruffy peroxide hair should be the first to go.
    Now who could you possibly be talking about........

According to the BBC, Dominic Raab and Robert Buckland ( the Justice Secretary) are due to go in with Dominic Raab to e offered the job of Justice Secretary (bit of a come down)
    JamesWales will be gutted, he’s Raab’s biggest fan

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    JamesWales will be gutted, he’s Raab’s biggest fan
    Steady on! I do think he's alright though, yeah. Probably in a role less 'dynamic' than foreign secretary.

Alongside the military, his department helped to airlift 15,000 civilians from Kabul airport last month. Even if he shouldnt have been on holiday at the start, that takes some doing and it doesn't happen without some co-ordination from the top.

I also do find his surname quite satisfying to say; 'Raab' 'Raaaaaab' like a farmyard animal noise.

What noise does a Goat make? Raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaab

Raab now Justice Secretary,Lord Chancellor and Deputy Prime Minister

Steady on! I do think he's alright though, yeah. Probably in a role less 'dynamic' than foreign secretary.

Alongside the military, his department helped to airlift 15,000 civilians from Kabul airport last month. Even if he shouldnt have been on holiday at the start, that takes some doing and it doesn't happen without some co-ordination from the top.

I also do find his surname quite satisfying to say; 'Raab' 'Raaaaaab' like a farmyard animal noise.

What noise does a Goat make? Raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaab
    The thing is, none of us know if that is actually impressive or not, or if Raab had any positive or negative influence on it. It seems a big number, but it's actually a lot less per month than used Cardiff airport during 2020 when passenger numbers had dropped by almost 90% . It might have been a herculean effort by Raab and his team, but we just don't know really

Liz Truss new Foreign Secretary

And Michael Gove Housing Secretary

Looks like Oliver Dowden as Education Secretary but not confirmed yet.

Liz Truss new Foreign Secretary
    Truss has been a great supporter of the Prime Minister.

Sounds interesting. A load of talentless Tories are about to be replaced by another load of talentless Tories.

I should also say that a lack of talent isn't confined to this government. I can't remember the last time we had such a bunch of inspirationless and clueless MPs representing us in Parliament across all parties.

Would be nice if a role could be found for Tomlin somewhere.

Would be nice if a role could be found for Tomlin somewhere.
    Even getting on the bench would be a start

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Sounds interesting. A load of talentless Tories are about to be replaced by another load of talentless Tories.
    Emperor’s new clothes!

While the majority on here will think they were useless and will be replaced with at a guess even more uselessness ( its just the way it is on here )
    They have steered us through a very difficult time in British history and while the process might not have been perfect, they did the best they could and they just might have got us through the to the other side, they made mistakes but the learning curve was steep and we really were in uncharted territory

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    While the majority on here will think they were useless and will be replaced with at a guess even more uselessness ( its just the way it is on here )
    They have steered us through a very difficult time in British history and while the process might not have been perfect, they did the best they could and they just might have got us through the to the other side, they made mistakes but the learning curve was steep and we really were in uncharted territory
    Is that also your opinion of The Senedd?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Is that also your opinion of The Senedd?
    I must admit I don't really follow ( in depth, only the bits I read on here ) what the Senedd does, as I don't live in Wales, but I am sure they made some tough calls and got some right and some wrong, these last 18 months have been tough and Im not sure any party could have done any better / worse, we can all use hindsight though and shout " they could have done this and that "

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

"Did the best they could" would be a putdown from most people, though probably not the case here.

And did they do their best? Johnson famously couldn't be arsed to attend five cobra meetings right at the start of the pandemic.