+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Anyone going to the manics gig next week.

Anyone going to the manics gig next week.

Been told you have to wear a mask inside.
    Surely not?

Re: Anyone going to the manics gig next week.

Quote Originally Posted by barrybloo View Post
    Surely not?
    How will they see it?

Surely not?
    Libraries gave us power

Then work came (masks ) and made us free

What price now
    For a shallow piece of dignity…

Feedback

I'd rather listen to Genesis that watch that dirge.

Quote Originally Posted by Feedback View Post
    I'd rather listen to Genesis that watch that dirge.

And me, I'll be going to see Steve Hackett on Friday playing Iconic Genesis live offering, Seconds out in it's entirety, my 2nd favourite Genesis album, Foxtrot being #1

https://motorpointarenacardiff.co.uk/your-visit/faqs

The Manics are currently embroiled in a titanic battle with Steps for UK Number 1 Album

Quote Originally Posted by Heathblue View Post
    And me, I'll be going to see Steve Hackett on Friday playing Iconic Genesis live offering, Seconds out in it's entirety, my 2nd favourite Genesis album, Foxtrot being #1
    Foxtrot , Nursery Chryme great albums

Dated now but still sound superb

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Foxtrot , Nursery Chryme great albums

Dated now but still sound superb

I'd put Trespass before Nursery Cryme because of the track Dusk, but not much in it and agree with with dated and superb.

I know, was only tuning you up, Squire had to learn from someone

Aye on second coming it was clearly Jimmy page

Feedback

Squires main influence were post punk outfit like Slaughter and the Dogs, rock/blues such as Nazz and empire.

This thread was not intended for your particular music tastes. I was just wondering whether you have to wear masks in the venue. I know it says you have to on it's site, but it also says it's the law, and it clearly isn't. Has anyone been there recently?

Squires main influence were post punk outfit like Slaughter and the Dogs, rock/blues such as Nazz and empire.
    Well he can tell people that but one listen to second coming and it's led zep

I’ll be seeing the world’s best live band up close next week. Am sure Steve Hackett will be very good, but you can’t beat the real thing ,when it’s there in front of you.Selling England is the best album they put out.

This thread was not intended for your particular music tastes. I was just wondering whether you have to wear masks in the venue. I know it says you have to on it's site, but it also says it's the law, and it clearly isn't. Has anyone been there recently?
    Realistically they won't be able to police it and if worst comes to worst they've said you can take it off while drinking so nurse a pint all evening!

Call it 50/50

I'm not that much keen on SR but I have watched many times, a series of videos put together by a fan i think, of a concert they did at the Square Garden in New York which I thought was excellent, John Squire is a class act IMO.

I think i can remember seeing on here, you were thinking about getting your lad started on the geeter path, did you sort it for him?.

Feedback

Call it 50/50

I'm not that much keen on SR but I have watched many times, a series of videos put together by a fan i think, of a concert they did at the Square Garden in New York which I thought was excellent, John Squire is a class act IMO.

I think i can remember seeing on here, you were thinking about getting your lad started on the geeter path, did you sort it for him?.
    I did, he's coming on really well and is in a school band. I do like listening to him and get a lot better than he thinks.

Sadly for him I have no technical knowledge of guitars so I cant help him at all

Had an email through this morning about needing to show proof of a negative lateral flow test or the Covid Pass (through the NHS website as the Welsh App won't do it yet) to get entry. Believe this is the same as all of the other events at the Motorpoint this week. Have heard this was being heavily enforced at the doors at the event last night (McFly maybe?) but not a lot of mask enforcement once inside.

Quote Originally Posted by caerkid View Post
    Had an email through this morning about needing to show proof of a negative lateral flow test or the Covid Pass (through the NHS website as the Welsh App won't do it yet) to get entry. Believe this is the same as all of the other events at the Motorpoint this week. Have heard this was being heavily enforced at the doors at the event last night (McFly maybe?) but not a lot of mask enforcement once inside.
    My Lad went to the McFly gig last night, not seen him since, I think he went knowingly and prepared with the necessary paperwork.

So is the nhs pass that is only valid in England o.k. for entry?

I went to see The Specials at the Motorpoint recently. I wore a mask before entering the venue. I'm not sure if everyone did to be honest. I showed my double vaccinated card to a steward at the bottom of the stairs leading to the entrance. Inside the venue, i didn't wear my mask at all.