+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Where do we go from here?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Where do we go from here?

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    What manager are you hiring to change style of play who can't be promised money to spend on squad? What manager is interested in coming to work with players Warnock left?

Simple facts are that Warnock left a squad which wasn't ready to compete for promotion (at least in a non-covid year) and work Harris and Mick have done so far suggests our squad will be far closer to that once they've gone*.

*depending on what is done at end of this season in terms of renewals and replacements. If we play hoofball next year then concerns about what we're teaching the kids are well founded.

Fans might not be inclined to stick around but that's not the best measure of how well things are going - they usually show up in number right at the end of a process when things are obviously better.
    You're deluded if you think mick is going to change his style from what we've already seen this season. If he was we would have seen signs by now.

Re: Where do we go from here?

Quote Originally Posted by Bald Barry Bastad View Post
    You're deluded if you think mick is going to change his style from what we've already seen this season. If he was we would have seen signs by now.
    If we split your statement up:

I) we'd have seen signs of change by now - I disagree.
    II) Mick's not going to change - I'm inclined to agree but we can't say definitely until end of this season with renewals/new signings etc.

I'm not saying we shouldn't push for better but that we can't do that without some resources to work with (money, youth players coming through) and we're in the process of building up our resources.

Fans on here speaking about mistakes from between DJ leaving and Harris coming in doesn't describe our club's current situation - though does have a role in explaining why we have so few resources to build on.

Just asking for a bit more patience really so that if it goes wrong next summer posters on here haven't exhausted their moaning during a time when things are going reasonably well given our circumstances.

Enjoy the re-building process! There's actually some things within it going well.