Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
You are absolutely right IMO to highlight the issue of second homes, AirBnB and the temporary, inevitable rise in prices due to the Covid staycation boom.

Also, whilst unemployment falling is undeniably good news, it's only a collection of regional economic data and the situation in different parts of the country can change, and a huge number of vacancies is no good either - although maybe Cornwall has 'overheated' and this is market correction in action?

I don't see how any of that is related to Brexit however? As I will always state mind, 2020/21 is a statistical washout. An anomaly and we can't compare much due to Covid.
Are you claiming that the absence of so many European workers in Cornish hospitality and farming in particular (true of other sectors too) is nothing to do with Brexit? Covid travel restrictions have contributed to the acute labour shortage but everyone I spoke to during a 17 day walking holiday there only 2 months ago put Brexit forward as the main cause. Hotels and restaurants were shut as a result and in some areas crops were left in the fields. I expect most of them voted for Brexit - but they were clear about the local impact.