+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Careful tonight lads. Any disrespect towards "her maj" gets you a lifetime ban

Careful tonight lads. Any disrespect towards "her maj" gets you a lifetime ban

https://twitter.com/FairCop_/status/...ZrYr9iydQ&s=19

A Preston North End fan has apparently been banned for life after making comments on twitter about the queen and royals...

Totally normal country

Re: Careful tonight lads. Any disrespect towards "her maj" gets you a lifetime ban

These days, they arrest you and you get thrown in jail if you say you're a republican.......

Re: Careful tonight lads. Any disrespect towards "her maj" gets you a lifetime ban

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    These days, they arrest you and you get thrown in jail if you say you're a republican.......
    Why would you get arrested for taking over a pub again ?

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Why would you get arrested for taking over a pub again ?
    Because you shouldn't try to get back into the Queen's Arms at this point in time.

really!! just for saying you're republican they throw you in jail?

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post

A Preston North End fan has apparently been banned for life after making comments on twitter about the queen and royals...

Totally normal country
    Logic would indicate that as the tweet is deleted, the story is utter bollocks. Nobody banned from games ever tells the whole truth.

so now there'll be an injunction on the UK press from printing anything juicy.

Has freedom of speech been suspended for 10 days?

The wall to wall coverage is obscene. Making me depressed. Can’t even watch Sky Sports news without a memorial message on the side. Sickening

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Has freedom of speech been suspended for 10 days?
    Not sure, but freedom to watch anything on the fecking telly has.

Quote Originally Posted by logic View Post
    Logic would indicate that as the tweet is deleted, the story is utter bollocks. Nobody banned from games ever tells the whole truth.
    Logic would indicate that since Preston are defending their decision to ban him for life, it isn't utter bollocks

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sp...nts-Queen.html

Logic would indicate that since Preston are defending their decision to ban him for life, it isn't utter bollocks

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sp...nts-Queen.html
    Logic would indicate that given FairCop_ deleted their tweet offering help and given another twitter account reporting the ban acknowledged there was another tweet that was deleted, it's pretty clear the twit isn't as innocent as claimed; the other tweet almost certainly the reason for any ban.

First they came for the Republicans
    And I did not speak out
    Because I was not a Republican

I struggle to believe that this ban was for the tweet of asking if he would be ejected for booing?

Nonetheless, this is all ridiculous and worrying, as it is in cases when causes each of you cares for are also offended. Supporting someones right to cause offence at a funeral does also mean the right to cause offence at any funeral.

The right to boo also means the right to boo (for example) taking the knee or any other minutes silence.

The example here is of course absurd (which makes me think there is more to it) but don't pretend there are no tricky grey areas here..

More widely, standing up for free speech is really important and hopefully more people will do it and try to prevent anything taking place merely because it offends some people.

I assume it was for more than that too. However a lifetime ban for a comment on Twitter is absurd. The last time Preston banned a fan was 4 years ago. After instigating a brawl and throwing a chair at opposing fans he was given a 5 year ban.

I assume it was for more than that too. However a lifetime ban for a comment on Twitter is absurd. The last time Preston banned a fan was 4 years ago. After instigating a brawl and throwing a chair at opposing fans he was given a 5 year ban.
    That's a different scenario, because thought crimes are dealt with by the thought police.

First Team

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    I struggle to believe that this ban was for the tweet of asking if he would be ejected for booing?

Nonetheless, this is all ridiculous and worrying, as it is in cases when causes each of you cares for are also offended. Supporting someones right to cause offence at a funeral does also mean the right to cause offence at any funeral.

The right to boo also means the right to boo (for example) taking the knee or any other minutes silence.

The example here is of course absurd (which makes me think there is more to it) but don't pretend there are no tricky grey areas here..

More widely, standing up for free speech is really important and hopefully more people will do it and try to prevent anything taking place merely because it offends some people.
    Jimbo, mostly you spout a stream of one-eyed Tory-apologist bollocks but I'd never want you banned (ever).

Quote Originally Posted by az city View Post
    Jimbo, mostly you spout a stream of one-eyed Tory-apologist bollocks but I'd never want you banned (ever).
    Thanks, I think. I half agree..

The game has nothing to do with royalty, someones has died , lets respect that ?? If not arrest them , I can be arrested for saying something racist , or homophobic but not insulting the dead Queen are we really we defended this ??

Can I be arrested for suggesting Michael Fagan as a pall bearer? After all he tried to pick her up before..........very dodgy incident that was.

Totally normal country
    So much for living in a democracy. That is appalling

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    The game has nothing to do with royalty, someones has died , lets respect that ?? If not arrest them , I can be arrested for saying something racist , or homophobic but not insulting the dead Queen are we really we defended this ??
    What do you know about sentencing?

What do you know about sentencing?
    He struggles to string one

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    That's the thing, this fan never actually disrespected the Queen during a minutes silence. It's yet to happen.

Preston banned him for life for THINKING about doing something. That's ****ed up.

Quote Originally Posted by celticknight View Post
    That's the thing, this fan never actually disrespected the Queen during a minutes silence. It's yet to happen.

Preston banned him for life for THINKING about doing something. That's ****ed up.
    It was for wishing members of the royal family would die, and including the clubs hashtag in it or whatever.

Obviously, it's a completely OTT reaction, as these things nearly always are, but still.

https://www.lancs.live/news/lancashi...anded-25009114