+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Another Brexit Bonus

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Another Brexit Bonus

Quote Originally Posted by Swiss Peter View Post
    Yeah, I don't much like his twitter style.

On the other hand, someone who has built a business which imports 2 million bottles of wine a year and supplies 300 outlets and tells a real world story of how damaging Brexit has been - versus some bloke that sits on his keyboard on CCMB ranting and throwing out inconclusive stats.

I'll take my own view on who the man-toddler is here.
    You will never struggle to find anecdotal evidence to back up an argument and no economy will always work for every person in every sector. There are equivalents of that guy in every country at every point in history.

That doesn't render official economic statistics irrelevent.

I'm sure you can see the difference.

Re: Another Brexit Bonus

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    You will never struggle to find anecdotal evidence to back up an argument and no economy will always work for every person in every sector. There are equivalents of that guy in every country at every point in history.

That doesn't render official economic statistics irrelevent.

I'm sure you can see the difference.
    Statistics are not irrelevant. But they are inconclusive if presented simply as a snapshot in time to try and prove a point, without full wider context. I think you have agreed that before.

Ok, you'll never struggle to find anecdotal evidence. This being the case, please present the stories from those people for whom Brexit has made their lives much easier. I think that's what people on this thread have been asking for from the beginning. Then a balanced view can be formed.