Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
I will only respond with such data when people make unsubstantiated claims that Brexit is a DISASTER, that THE END IS NIGH that everyone who voted for it is an IDIOT etc.

I will do that in order to try and restore some semblance of sanity and balance. I'd do the same if the reactionary arguments were in the other direction (they never are).

On balance I think Brexit will be moderately positive for the UK. but I don't think it will transform the country positively or negatively to the extent some fanatics do.

The Shell news, again, is just to highlight the inaccurate tone of much of the debate and to satirise those who insult people for having a view that clearly, on balance, is not the disaster they predicted. That said, I do try not to post anecdotal things like that and try to stick to the bigger picture and it's fair enough to pull me up on it I suppose.

Hope that helps.
it seems the office for budget responsibility doesn't agree, thy think that Brexit has been twice as harmful for the UK economy than covid 19 has