+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Another Brexit Bonus

Re: Another Brexit Bonus

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    I'm not necessarily saying it is. Although I do think it will create a more dynamic economy and some restrictions on labour may raise wages in some sectors.

However, you are the one making conclusions. I quote: "to say brexit is good for jobs is beyond laughable."

I'm just saying you are wrong, and to be fair, the evidence suggests you are.
    You haven't shown any evidence for that though.

Quote Originally Posted by Doucas View Post
    'Backed by Warwick District Council on Tuesday, the bid still needs backing from a car company and government.'

The reaching to say brexit is good for jobs is beyond laughable.
    Doucas I work in manufacturing I would say in general UK is on the up in this area there will always be winners and losers

Brexit potentially the game changer in this area for the UK I am seeing more and more companies now relocating back to Britain to support the major OEM's especially in the automotive and aerospace industries .

I,m from an age where I remember Thatcher killed the manufacturing industry here in the UK so i despise that woman with a passion .Her policys meant alot of industry moved out of the UK or closed down . It appears Brexit is having the opposite effect in the manufacturing sector .

I can't speak for any other industry like banking and finance for example maybe Brexit is having an opposite effect ?

You haven't shown any evidence for that though.
    I've shown a damned sight more evidence to demonstrate that Brexit isnt a disaster for jobs, than you have shown to demonstrate that it is.

Doucus: "Chelsea are shit lol"
    James: "Hang on, they are third in the premier league and have won multiple trphies in recent years. Look, here is the league table"
    Doucus: "Show me some evidence that Chelsea aren't shit"
    James:

I've shown a damned sight more evidence to demonstrate that Brexit isnt a disaster for jobs, than you have shown to demonstrate that it is.

Doucus: "Chelsea are shit lol"
    James: "Hang on, they are third in the premier league and have won multiple trphies in recent years. Look, here is the league table"
    Doucus: "Show me some evidence that Chelsea aren't shit"
    James:
    But you haven't shown any evidence of what I asked. I asked you to show me evidence of how brexit is good for jobs, you haven't done that you've just shown unemployment rates. You said yourself correlation doesn't equal causation so come on, give me this rock hard evidence that brexit is good for jobs. I mean you must have some surely as you're a supporter of it?

The above example does nothing but make you like the fool this entire messageboard knows you are old man.

But you haven't shown any evidence of what I asked. I asked you to show me evidence of how brexit is good for jobs, you haven't done that you've just shown unemployment rates. You said yourself correlation doesn't equal causation so come on, give me this rock hard evidence that brexit is good for jobs. I mean you must have some surely as you're a supporter of it?

The above example does nothing but make you like the fool this entire messageboard knows you are old man.
    I've already answered this.

And anyway, just cos I've finished my A Levels doesn't make me old! xx

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    Also Coventry gets the backing too for a giga factory to create 6,000 jobs which is to be expected really if gets the final nod from the government with JLR in the region which employs close on 35,000 people already which supports 100,000 supply chain jobs in the UK .boom time for the automotive industry for the next 10 years at least

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-englan...shire-59964429

@ swiss pete And under the Brexit deal, cars made in the UK and sold in Europe will soon have to contain a significant amount of UK or European parts
    Yeah, I know. It's just that I was wondering whether you were trying to claim this as a Brexit good news story, given where you posted it?. Where as, in fact, it is an investment of taxpayers money partly needed to overcome a barrier created by the Brexit deal.

It is a good news story, but it is not a Brexit good news story.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    Infinity maybe?
    And beyond.

Quote Originally Posted by Swiss Peter View Post
    Yeah, I know. It's just that I was wondering whether you were trying to claim this as a Brexit good news story, given where you posted it?. Where as, in fact, it is an investment of taxpayers money partly needed to overcome a barrier created by the Brexit deal.

It is a good news story, but it is not a Brexit good news story.
    This is a very fair point by Swiss Peter.

I think the thing for me is we were told that everything would be a disaster. We were told by people in London that people in Sunderland were idiots for voting to destroy their car industry etc.

The reality?
    https://www.theguardian.com/business...s-nissan-chief

Personally my issue isn't to paint brexit as sunlit uplands. It's to be rational with it and view it as an opportunity, which it plainly is. After any seperation you can be bitter and look back or you can positive and look forward. The latter is ALWAYS the best option.

https://www.ft.com/content/c00ab524-...4-813cfd491bd5

A 'Benefits of Brexit' report is to be issued.

Fair play. This should put those of us that think Brexit is monumentality stupid properly in our place.

The PAC not impressed so far it seems;-

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-60308494

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    The PAC not impressed so far it seems;-

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-60308494
    I give it 5 years and everyone will be screaming for another referendum. You can only hoodwink so many people for so long.

I give it 5 years and everyone will be screaming for another referendum. You can only hoodwink so many people for so long.
    Well, the EU has been around for nearly 30 years now and there's millions of people here who seem to think it's entirely a bastion of goodness and perfection..

Perhaps Sir Kier will grow a pair and say what he thinks ready for the next election and suggest Labour will return to Europe , the election will then deliver a fair indication of peoples views as they are now much wiser , and if as you say if folk have been hoodwinked they can deliver their view in full at the ballot box .

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Perhaps Sir Kier will grow a pair and say what he thinks ready for the next election and suggest Labour will return to Europe , the election will then deliver a fair indication of peoples views as they are now much wiser , and if as you say if folk have been hoodwinked they can deliver their view in full at the ballot box .
    No now's not the time. Too much Tory shit to clear out first. I don't think Keir will need to campaign for another referendum in a few years, it will become an open goal. I know you're different to most people but eventually the penny drops and people start to realise they've been gaslit.

Well, the EU has been around for nearly 30 years now and there's millions of people here who seem to think it's entirely a bastion of goodness and perfection..
    Quite right, it is.

Exporter says he is one of the idiots who believed brexit lies

https://youtu.be/tJi9-E5A_BQ

Rule takers or rule makers?

Rees-Mogg sought to remove the need for UK standards and accept those from other trading blocs, including the EU, even though the UK government is busily introducing its own UK standards (requiring companies to double certify with the CE standard in the EU).

It would have been quite a victory for Rees-Mogg, removing the double labelling being introduced as a direct result of Brexit, if it hadn't been for those pesky bureaucrats in No 10!

https://twitter.com/pmdfoster/status...29713227579411

We really do need to draw a breath , personally I don't agree or see this rush to reverse it , I think Labour know this hence the new Brit flag waving efforts.

We really do need to draw a breath , personally I don't agree or see this rush to reverse it , I think Labour know this hence the new Brit flag waving efforts.
    It's about time we forgot this silly project and get back to being part of the EU. Together stronger and let's start righting the wrongs of the world. Will you join me in starting a petition for another referendum? By the way, I've got faith in you, hold my hand and I can lead you there!

nothing to do with brexit but worth a mention

i like good economic news especially in South Wales so nice to see the Royal Mint investing

https://www.mtdmfg.com/news/the-roya...ste-into-gold/

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    nothing to do with brexit but worth a mention

i like good economic news especially in South Wales so nice to see the Royal Mint investing

https://www.mtdmfg.com/news/the-roya...ste-into-gold/
    Saw that on the news yesterday. Seemed very impressive

I am feeling more confident that the UK will remain strong outside of Europe, and remain a good support when needed, as we are now in Ukraine.

And good news folk are still intrested in investing, see below :

Pennsylvania-headquartered Crown Holdings has announced plans to build a new beverage can manufacturing plant in the UK.

Construction of the Peterborough plant will begin during the second quarter of 2022 with the first line expected to commence production during the second quarter of 2023. Additional lines are planned in a phased manner to reach over three billion units of annual capacity.

The finished 625,000 sq ft facility, expected to employ 280 people, will be ( Crown’s largest manufacturing facility for beverage cans in Europe.)

No VAT to be paid on Energy Saving Home improvements something members of EEC cannot apply

I quote

"Under the EU rules, no member state can cut VAT on domestic electricity and gas below the 5% level."

No VAT to be paid on Energy Saving Home improvements something members of EEC cannot apply

I quote

"Under the EU rules, no member state can cut VAT on domestic electricity and gas below the 5% level."
    https://euobserver.com/climate/15375...January%202030.

I quote

'Solar panels are highlighted as one of the products member states can exempt from VAT, as part of a more general push to "increase consumers access to green energy", with electric bicycles and recycling also making the list.'

So EU states (or EEC states if you like) can apply zero VAT rates on energy saving home improvements?

Well I never!

LOM talking bollox shock?