Forest (24th)

Draws:

Barnsley (17th)
    Peterborough (23rd)

Losses:

Bristol City (12th)
    Coventry City (4th)

Re: 7 games in - league position of our opponents so far

So are you suggesting our position is false because we've only won games against slowest starters in the division?

But if our league position is false and doesn't give enough information about how strong we are on each day, couldn't we say the same about positions of the clubs we've faced?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Wins:

Millwall (15th)
    Blackpool (22nd)
    Forest (24th)

Draws:

Barnsley (17th)
    Peterborough (23rd)

Losses:

Bristol City (12th)
    Coventry City (4th)
    I've touched on this previously.

For me we've not come close to playing the best in this division yet.

Probably too early to see in terms of the results but I'm concerned by how stressed we were against the likes of cov.

Saturday will be a further indication of how we will do this season.

I'm still thinking it's going to be a mundane mid table finish, not much to be concerned of in terms of relegation but certainly nowhere near top 6 either.

I agree that we have hardly played anyone good yet this season. that will change in the next couple of games.
    on the other hand, this early in the season this kind of breakdown will almost always be true.

First Team

They are just stats and as the old saying goes there are lies, dammed lies and statistics .
    That said ,a lot of people do like to read something into them and they are a decent discussion point ,if you are like minded.
    For me it is far too early to draw any conclusions but if the OP is able to update his figures on a regular basis then we could well see pointers as to how we stack up against the rest of the division.

Only 7 games in though. Bournemouth will be a real test

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    So are you suggesting our position is false because we've only won games against slowest starters in the division?

But if our league position is false and doesn't give enough information about how strong we are on each day, couldn't we say the same about positions of the clubs we've faced?
    I agree and I think all the replies to this thread are totally valid. Part of my reasoning for this was to generate some conversation.

Last season we had the division's best record against the top 6 (or 2nd best at worst, I can't remember). It'll be interesting to see where we are after we've played some of the big boys.

A lack of clean sheets is worrying me a bit. Defensively we don't look as good as last season, while we don't appear to be as creative in attack. I haven't seen much from games against the poorer sides so far in the division to say we'll do well against the better sides.

Did we really think we would be pushing for top of the league ? ? ?

eeeek ourselves into the playoffs and its not that bad

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    Did we really think we would be pushing for top of the league ? ? ?

eeeek ourselves into the playoffs and its not that bad
    I don't see us pushing into the playoffs either.

Would be really interesting to go back to one of the pre-season predictor threads and see what people thought of these teams then.

My memory is that Barnsley and Millwall were thought highly of (teams pushing into the play-offs) either on here or by "official" predictions.

What we're seeing is early season form only. Blackpool recently beat Fulham so we know sides can play above or below their usual stuff on any given day and that it takes a greater number of games (or deeper into the season) to make informed comment on each side.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I don't see us pushing into the playoffs either.
    I have stated this before the season even started. My prediction has always been 12th (or thereabouts).
    The squad we have is nowhere near a play off place and people who really believe in Mick McCarthy are delusional

Another defeat to a side above us. With West Brom and Reading to come, anyone fancy our chances?