+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I wonder what training sessions are like.

First Team Forest Green Bluebird's Avatar

I wonder what training sessions are like.

Is what we are witnessing replicated in training?

There has been virtually no change in playing style since 'well-before' Warnock.

A reset would be required ... potentially a few years lower down the pyramid would be a blessing in disguise.

Steve Morrison appears to be someone who could divert the 'tanker', post McCarthy.

Re: I wonder what training sessions are like.

Don't ask Tomlin he is never there

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Forest Green Bluebird View Post
    Is what we are witnessing replicated in training?

There has been virtually no change in playing style since 'well-before' Warnock.

A reset would be required ... potentially a few years lower down the pyramid would be a blessing in disguise.

Steve Morrison appears to be someone who could divert the 'tanker', post McCarthy.
    you're nuts

I imagine there's a focus on being strong in both boxes. lots of set piece work etc.

Imagine they keep possesion of the ball under little pressure with ease. There's levels in football and technically we seem behind other championship teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Feedback View Post
    you're nuts
    Some teams have gone from strength to strength doing so.

Capture.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I imagine there's a focus on being strong in both boxes. lots of set piece work etc.
    Hopefully not to the extent of ignoring the skills required to be an effective professional footballer and crowd-pleaser.

Some teams have gone from strength to strength doing so.

Capture.jpg
    I don’t really have the time to go through every one of those promotions but how many of those clubs lingered in the lower leagues before promotion? You’re advocating for something different entirely.

There’s no reason why we can’t rebuild in the championship. League one means lower revenue across the board, how can you expect to rebuild with no money

Anyone who thinks that getting relegated to League One would be good for the club is an idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    Anyone who thinks that getting relegated to League One would be good for the club is an idiot.
    exactly this.
    the last time it happened to us should be warning enough

its a scary thought

not sure we would play Barcelona style football in L1 either

I know Swansea train on special round pitches with no goals so they can practice passing for hours without getting anywhere. Similarly I heard City use pitches about 100yds wide and just 50 yds long, so they can don't have to bother playing around in midfield and just concentrate at either end of the pitch..

Not sure whether you appreciate the context of my post.

I do not want Cardiff to be relegated, that would be disastrous, but if that were to happen then there is potential for a 'reset'.

Many would be happy to put up with a style of play that has for quite a few years kept Cardiff in an elevated position, come the end of the season.

It would be good if Cardiff were to 'reset' whilst in the 2nd tier but I can't imagine that will ever be the case whilst there is a reliance on 'percentage' football.

I do not want Cardiff to be relegated, that would be disastrous, but if that were to happen then there is potential for a 'reset'.

Many would be happy to put up with a style of play that has for quite a few years kept Cardiff in an elevated position, come the end of the season.

It would be good if Cardiff were to 'reset' whilst in the 2nd tier but I can't imagine that will ever be the case whilst there is a reliance on 'percentage' football.
    Cardiff could "reset" tomorrow by sacking the manager and replacing him with someone who has at least expressed an interest in playing a bit of football. It would cost us, but not as much as being crowned Division 3 Champions would.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Don't ask Tomlin he is never there
    He is a football player , how could he join in?

They concentrate on the techniques of not being embarrassed followed by non vaccination justification sessions

The Red Arrows chose yesterday to fly over South Wales due to the players not training the day after a night game.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    He is a football player , how could he join in?
    To be a footballer the ask is to not be fat and to work hard for the team that’s paying you an enormous amount of money.

Tomlin always has been and always will be a waste of space.

This over the top lauding of Tomlin is pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by ninian opinian View Post
    To be a footballer the ask is to not be fat and to work hard for the team that’s paying you an enormous amount of money.

Tomlin always has been and always will be a waste of space.

This over the top lauding of Tomlin is pathetic.
    I love watching him, you do get the feeling that something’s going to happen when he’s involved, something akin to a ‘football move’. Although he does remind me the parks player who turns up now and again, all the boys know if you can get him there he changes everything but there is that bit of resentment because he’s straight in when he shows. I’ll wager we all played for sides with a lad like this.......”Is he coming today?”..........”Doubt it, he was out last night apparently and his car’s outside the bookies now”........the team’s picked, then in he walks and there’s the awkward moment of telling the fall guy that he’ll have to drop out. Saying that the City would put him on the bench

Disclaimer.....Not implying that Tomlinson is a drinker or gambler

I've heard they strengthen their neck muscles so they can follow the ball in the air better

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    I love watching him, you do get the feeling that something’s going to happen when he’s involved, something akin to a ‘football move’. Although he does remind me the parks player who turns up now and again, all the boys know if you can get him there he changes everything but there is that bit of resentment because he’s straight in when he shows. I’ll wager we all played for sides with a lad like this.......”Is he coming today?”..........”Doubt it, he was out last night apparently and his car’s outside the bookies now”........the team’s picked, then in he walks and there’s the awkward moment of telling the fall guy that he’ll have to drop out. Saying that the City would put him on the bench

Disclaimer.....Not implying that Tomlinson is a drinker or gambler
    Haha this is so true of parks football, I’ve played in a few teams with a player like that, guess every parks team has one then

The Red Arrows chose yesterday to fly over South Wales due to the players not training the day after a night game.

I imagine team talks go a bit like this.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWsOkcSeVNw

Didn't you write that spending a few years down the pyramid could be a blessing in disguise?

If we were relegated down to League One, it would be imperative that we get promoted back to the Championship at the first attempt, so I wouldn't expect us to change our style of play.

: