Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
Cardiff Airport yesterday, The Beer House now has no till, you have to download an app, fill in all sorts of information, choose your drinks, go to basket and submit. Then wait and wait and wait while the words ‘transaction being confirmed’ twirls around on your ‘phone, you watch this for about five minutes, then you call a waiter over. He asks if it’s ok to use your phone, he goes through the procedure again, passing the phone to you every now and then to enter personal information. He waits by your table until it’s approved, he then goes back behind the bar and gives you the thumbs up after checking their system and brings your drinks over. You drink them and go over to Costa, who take cash, and try and find a seat amongst the crowd who’ve walked out of The Beer House in frustration.

The waiter in the Beer House was marvellous and patient but hated the system, his day was filled with fiddling with customers’ phones rather than doing his proper job. Ridiculous way to run a business. Strange that Costa down there take cash now yet two weeks ago when I was there it was card only…………or have Costa cottoned on that any method of payment is better no payment at all.
Well done for championing the use of cash and I support you 100%. Keep highlighting it. It's very important.

I've stopped buying programmes and anything inside the stadium.